UCLA coach says campus is safe

huKSer

UCLA coach Jim Mora got an emphatic introduction to the crosstown rivalry with USC when he created a stir with a controversial comment about campus safety during a radio interview Wednesday morning.

Mora was talking about recruiting with Roger Lodge on KLAA 830-AM when Lodge asked how he sold UCLA to recruits, and Mora responded with an answer perceived to be a shot at USC.

"When you're talking about UCLA, it's one of the great schools in the world -- not just America, but in the world," Mora said. "It's a safe, beautiful campus in a great area of town. I mean, we don't have murders one block off our campus."

ESPN article

Nor does UCLA have its most famous graduate "not" kill his former wife and her boyfriend.

"When you're talking about UCLA, it's one of the great schools in the world -- not just America, but in the world," Mora said. "It's a safe, beautiful campus in a great area of town. I mean, we don't have murders one block off our campus."

This is pretty much true. Although I did get in a fight one time with a couple of guys near UCLA campus when I caught them in the act of stealing my car stereo. I won. OTOH, if it would have been near USC they probably would have just shot me and taken the whole car.

This is pretty much true. Although I did get in a fight one time with a couple of guys near UCLA campus when I caught them in the act of stealing my car stereo. I won. OTOH, if it would have been near USC they probably would have just shot me and taken the whole car.

The WHOLE car! Lmmuthafao!!! :D