Someone please explain the intricacies of Twitter

So I rag on twitter a fair amount because I think many people abuse it. I don't care to read the unfiltered retarded ramblings of most of the idiots on there but some people and orgs tweet interesting things so not long ago I joined, not to tweet, but so that I could more easily follow them.

Now my questions come from people following me. In the past week I've had a bunch of "women" of seemingly questionable morals start following me. Why is that? Is that just the the Twitter version of adult oriented email spam?

Also had a few normal people follow me who have similar interests start following me. I don't know them. It's weird.

Finally, and most disturbing, I follow a couple CFB teams and in the past few days I've had accounts devoted to their rivals subscribe to my feed. What the hell.

I don't understand twitter at all. Can I remove followers? Why are they following me in the first place? I don't have a single tweet and don't/didn't follow them...

So I rag on twitter a fair amount because I think most people abuse it. I don't care to read the unfiltered retarded ramblings of most of the idiots on there but some people and orgs tweet interesting things so not long ago I joined, not to tweet, but so that I could more easily follow them.

Now my questions come from people following me. In the past week I've had a bunch of "women" of seemingly questionable morals start following me. Why is that? Is that just the the Twitter version of adult oriented email spam?

Also had a few normal people follow me who have similar interests start following me. I don't know them. It's weird.

Finally, and most disturbing, I follow a couple CFB teams and in the past few days I've had accounts devoted to their rivals subscribe to my feed. What the hell.

I don't understand twitter at all. Can I remove followers? Why are they following me in the first place? I don't have a single tweet and don't/didn't follow them...

You will always have female movie stars follow you they are just bots that do it. Yes, you can remove followers and set it to a setting where you have to approve followers. Twitter if you are following the right people and the right people follow you it can be very cool.

twitter posts are #prettystupidsoundingstuff #lol

Bucky, the reason those women are following you is because you're an upstanding guy and they're lonely. Don't be so cold, talk to them, take them out to dinner. They are real people with real feelings.

So it's ok to video chat with them like they keep tweeting me?

Bucky, the reason those women are following you is because you're an upstanding guy and they're lonely. Don't be so cold, talk to them, take them out to dinner. They are real people with real feelings.

Sure, hand over your credit card info as well. What's the worst that could happen?

Sure, hand over your credit card info as well. What's the worst that could happen?

:yeah: dAmmit...... Beat me to it!