Michigan State a little overrated?

I listened to a show on XM today who had the host of the team website on. They feel this will be their best team since the 1966 team. They, the team and the coaches feel it to be true and are stating it. I have no idea.

They have a mobile QB playing this year according to the guy on the radio, who is supposed to be very good. WE shall see I guess.

I listened to a show on XM today who had the host of the team website on. They feel this will be their best team since the 1966 team. They, the team and the coaches feel it to be true and are stating it. I have no idea.

They have a mobile QB playing this year according to the guy on the radio, who is supposed to be very good. WE shall see I guess.

skersfan - with 'Max' you'll see a very composed QB, mobile, strong arm, accurate, intelligent, etc. but lacking a lot of game-time experience. Maxwell is a Junior...

Below are a couple of ESPN video clips of Max during a Central Mich. game a while back:

Clip that gives an idea on Max's mobility and arm:

http://espn.go.com/v...clip?id=7012737

Clip of TD pass against Cent. Mich (again Max is quite mobile)... also to TE Dion Sims:

http://espn.go.com/v...clip?id=7012793

Big question for Sparty is more consistent pass protection and run blocking (11th? in B1G in rushing (2011) is pathetic...) and if MSU can develop a talented group of Recv'rs and TE's quickly.

skersfan - with 'Max' you'll see a very composed QB, mobile, strong arm, accurate, intelligent, etc. but lacking a lot of game-time experience.

Below are a couple of ESPN video clips of Max during a Central Mich. game a while back:

Clip that gives an idea on Max's mobility and arm:

http://espn.go.com/v...clip?id=7012737

Clig of TD pass against Cent. Mich (again quite mobile)... also to TE Dion Sims:

http://espn.go.com/v...clip?id=7012793

Big question for Sparty is more consistent pass protection and run blocking (11th? in B1G in rushing (2011) is pathetic...) and if MSU can develop a talented group of Recv'rs and TE's quickly.

I think Michigan State's season is dependent upon the health and play of the defense. What I mean is, the Spartans better hope that their defense can severely limit opposing offenses because with all the inexperience it's rather doubtful they're going to be able to win a shoot-out.

I personally think that we have a better shot a losing to MSU and beating Meatchicken, but that's just me.....

I just don't understand the "Meatchicken" thing. Is it supposed to be an insult? It sounds delicious to me.

It's supposed to be Meechicken. That made up word came about after the '97 season when you guys were too scared to play Nebraska at a neutral site for the national championship.

I guess I can't blame your team for wanting to play a Ryan Leaf led Washington State squad-in which you barely squeaked by with a win. If your team would have played Nebraska that year the Huskers would have a beaten them worse than we did Tennessee.

• Fire 1