Michigan State a little overrated?

Given the year they had last year and their win over Georgia in a big bowl game, this is the type of thing that happens in the offseason. People actually view them positively.... Imagine that.

Sometimes that happens when you don't get blown out in your bowl game, and actually win it.

Yep, that's pretty much the point I was trying to make.

As a voter its hard to not vote them in the top 15. They have showed consistency over the past few years, only losing 2 big ten games, @neb and @iowa. Theyve dominated the Michigan rivalry and beat wisconsin the last two years.

But as you look at the top 15 its hard to look at some of those teams and say "theyre still gonna be here at the end of the year" I look at Georgia, Florida St, and Clemson off hand. Teams that have MAJOR talent and but never put it together. With the surplus of talent in college football there is a lot of parody, which is great for the sport. But the Alabama and LSU programs are just in a class of their own. I think people kind of hope that USC can end that SEC streak but to me its not likely.

Can't take Michigan St. lightly. A little over-rated? Sure. Maybe. At this point it doesn't matter. We'll know more once that game comes around. Nebraska needs to take care of themselves first.

If MSU is 0-9 going into the Nebraska game, the Huskers better treat it like they're 9-0. Prepare for the team, not the team's record.

Can't take Michigan St. lightly. A little over-rated? Sure. Maybe. At this point it doesn't matter. We'll know more once that game comes around. Nebraska needs to take care of themselves first.

If MSU is 0-9 going into the Nebraska game, the Huskers better treat it like they're 9-0. Prepare for the team, not the team's record.

I was just stating that we'll know if they were over-rated or not by the time MSU plays Nebraska. If they are 0-9 then I think it's fair to say they were over-rated at the beginning of the season. But I agree we can't treat MSU lightly regardless of their record.