Limits on Signatures

Excel

If you really wanted to put it to a vote, you should first vote on whether or not any change is needed at all. I'll bet 85% of HB would prefer to leave things the way they are now. Unregulated.

I do not think there will be any significant changes. Signatures that were egregious have been addressed in the past. Almost everything I see now is at least, tolerable. At the same time it would be good to set a guideline for people to try and limit themselves to. I don't think we'd ever say, "Hey, your signature is 26px over {arbitrary limit}. Take it off." However, if someone's put up a 1280x1024 wallpaper up there, then we are going to remove it. Additionally, having a youtube embed following every post is egregious -- although I have not noticed any cases of this, either.

Somebody has a vid in theirs, can't remember who it is, they don't post much.

If you really wanted to put it to a vote, you should first vote on whether or not any change is needed at all. I'll bet 85% of HB would prefer to leave things the way they are now. Unregulated.

You're right, there shouldn't be any limits.

Perhaps we could impose the limits only on the cheeseheads and other assorted shortbus types.

Note: This in response to Bucky humorously making his sig line about 2000 pixels high--which I suspect will be changed soon. :lol:

I wanted to see if IP had any built in regulators so I made it a huge HD pic of the Eiffel tower, turns out the forum allowed it...took 45 seconds to load a page...still say there shouldn't be rules?

Rules for *some* people. See post above.

Sir, please kept your prejudices off my Huskerboard.

By the way: we have actually discussed this at least twice in the past two years or so, and it's always been handled on a case-by-case basis. Given the lack of serious offenders, I think there's no reason it can't continue that way. If a user signature is outlandishly space-consuming, I think they ought to understand a PM request to tone it down.

And for the most part people are reasonable.