Why is Bo Pelini Our Head Coach?

HuskerBCS

Bo Pelini was brought in to ensure that we had a good to great defense year in and year out. It is becoming obvious that our defense was only good the first couple years under Pelini because of the left over players from Billy C. Evidence is last years and this years defense. They are absolutely pitiful.

We all know that Bo isn't mastermining this offense.....So what in the world is he doing? Why is he our coach? This defense is a joke.

c'mon guys...

why do Husker fans melt down so much? Any team goes through struggles, even the best, and nobody expected us to be 'the best' this year, either. We're a #16 game on the road vs a talented major conference opponent. And we're locked in a battle that hasn't yet been decided.

So what's with all the jumping off the bandwagon? Ripping on players, ripping on coaches. Goodness. Aren't we the self-proclaimed, most knowledgeable fans in college football? Can we not hit the panic button so much, and enjoy our games with at least some measure of level-headedness?

I am fine with criticism of Bo -- I have done more than my fair share myself. But en masse kneejerk reactions, are silly.

It is, because it is based on this game's current struggles.

If we are up 21-0 and shutting them down at this point, stuff like this doesn't get said. So we get hit in the mouth a few times, and then all of this stuff, dependent on that, comes out of the woodwork.

I can respect your criticisms of Bo as I have some of the same, but I do not agree with the practice of using half of a game as some sort of justification for your arguments, if they are truly not based on it.

Bo Pelini was brought in to ensure that we had a good to great defense year in and year out. It is becoming obvious that our defense was only good the first couple years under Pelini because of the left over players from Billy C. Evidence is last years and this years defense. They are absolutely pitiful.

We all know that Bo isn't mastermining this offense.....So what in the world is he doing? Why is he our coach? This defense is a joke.

Look Bill...you were fired because you were horrid as a head coach. Go away

It is, because it is based entirely on this game's current struggles.

If we are up 21-0 and shutting them down at this point, stuff like this doesn't get said. So we get hit in the mouth a few times, and then all of this stuff, dependent on that, comes out of the woodwork.

I can respect your criticisms of Bo as I have some of the same, but I do not agree with the practice of using half of a game as some sort of justification for your arguments, if they are truly not based on it.

No, I would say it because I'm watching out for you all.

I disagree. People won't publicly say it but it is still in the back of most peoples minds. The combination of last season and now the start of this season is just too much. I've had enough of the Bo Pelini experiement. Even when we had Suh, we still had the bend but don't break defense which I was never a fan of. The good offenses always had sucess against us (except a couple games).

Look Bill...you were fired because you were horrid as a head coach. Go away

I think Bill is loving his situation these days.

I disagree. People won't publicly say it but it is still in the back of most peoples minds. The combination of last season and now the start of this season is just too much. I've had enough of the Bo Pelini experiement. Even when we had Suh, we still had the bend but don't break defense which I was never a fan of. The good offenses always had sucess against us (except a couple games).

You just lost all credibility with that.

When we had Suh, what good offenses had success against us? I remember demolishing just about everybody that year.

But you know, football is an offense-oriented game, period. The best offenses are very rarely stopped. The fact that we were able to wreck a number of very good offenses, that was just flat-out shocking.