Rankings are out.....good lord!

mwj98

Everything has gone too far. Most people here are just butthurt that UCLA wasn't the pushover we thought they'd be. Nudeheisel could recruit talent whether it be legally or not so much. What caught me was how they were able to come together so fast under a new coaching staff and scheme. UCLA quite frankly had better talent out there than we did. Not at every position, but they did have overall better talent or maybe speed is the better word. The season is far from being lost. I never expected us to make it through the season undefeated, but I still expect us to have a good season. The coaching staff now has a lot more understanding of what they really have. There's plenty of time to build from this.

A halfway reasonable response ignoring the fact that I've been critical of the things you've said, generally not of you as a person.

Did I speak negatively of Nebraska before you posted? No. As a general rule I try not to insult NU unless someone bashes Wisconsin, which you did. I defended the conference and you bashed Wisconsin, that's what happened.

This whole conversation belongs somewhere else, probably the Woodshed. If you have problems with Woody and me take it there, to the moderators or PM us. I won't address UW's standing as a program here, that belongs in another thread.

Okay, one last thing...in the interest of honesty. You may not have used words such as "douchebag" but go back and notice that I was arguing a point about teams and conferences and you made some remark about "lowering you IQ by reading my posts". Where I'm from that is a personal attack and you fired the first salvo. I don't mind arguing, and I don't mind if there is an insult or two thrown back and forth, but it is really disingenuous to call me out for "personal attacks" when you were the first to say something personal about me (not my team). Just sayin'

Operative word being "post." I would never come out and say that you're a stupid person, but your posts were.

I'm sorry bucky, not to beat a dead horse, but you are splitting hairs. If I say something, and you then comment that reading my words makes you lose IQ points, you are calling me stupid. It wasn't until you said that (and you can go back and check the thread) that I insulted you. Also as far as I remember, woody also made some insulting remark about me being a teenager (and not in a good way) before I said anything insulting to him.

I generally will argue, and debate a lot on here and never hurl insults, but if someone else takes it there, I will go with them. Some might say I'm sinking to their level, but I consider it good fun. I just think that when you started accusing me of personal attacks, and suggesting I should be banned, you were being a little hypocritical.

A halfway reasonable response ignoring the fact that I've been critical of the things you've said, generally not of you as a person.

Did I speak negatively of Nebraska before you posted? No. As a general rule I try not to insult NU unless someone bashes Wisconsin, which you did. I defended the conference and you bashed Wisconsin, that's what happened.

This whole conversation belongs somewhere else, probably the Woodshed. If you have problems with Woody and me take it there, to the moderators or PM us. I won't address UW's standing as a program here, that belongs in another thread.

Okay, one last thing...in the interest of honesty. You may not have used words such as "douchebag" but go back and notice that I was arguing a point about teams and conferences and you made some remark about "lowering you IQ by reading my posts". Where I'm from that is a personal attack and you fired the first salvo. I don't mind arguing, and I don't mind if there is an insult or two thrown back and forth, but it is really disingenuous to call me out for "personal attacks" when you were the first to say something personal about me (not my team). Just sayin'

Operative word being "post." I would never come out and say that you're a stupid person, but your posts were.

I'm sorry bucky, not to beat a dead horse, but you are splitting hairs. If I say something, and you then comment that reading my words makes you lose IQ points, you are calling me stupid. It wasn't until you said that (and you can go back and check the thread) that I insulted you. Also as far as I remember, woody also made some insulting remark about me being a teenager (and not in a good way) before I said anything insulting to him.

I generally will argue, and debate a lot on here and never hurl insults, but if someone else takes it there, I will go with them. Some might say I'm sinking to their level, but I consider it good fun. I just think that when you started accusing me of personal attacks, and suggesting I should be banned, you were being a little hypocritical.

Are we making peace here? Is that what this is?

Ok fine. I said some things, you said some things. It's all good. :cheers

Are we making peace here? Is that what this is?

Ok fine. I said some things, you said some things. It's all good. :cheers

Uhh, okay

we've got this many issues and you guys are worried about rankings? :facepalm:

that's like worrying about what you're going to do for dinner after getting into a deadly car crash. who cares? the greater future is in question here.

you survive a car crash, then put yourself at risk for starvation? that makes no sense.

also, we are fans, not like we can game plan or start running tackling drills with the players.