One last post....

Somebody, in one of the threads, said "I hope Nebraska and UCLA end up in the Rose Bowl', or something similar...I've looked everywhere, but I can't find the post (or the thread), and I've got to get back to work...

I think that would be absolutely awesome for both programs. If we (both schools) do end up in the Bowl, I will be hosting a huge tailgate in the Arroyo Seco to celebrate. I hereby invite you Huskers to join us, if that comes to fruitition.

No one benefits from repeats. Huskers have not had good luck at playing repeat bowls. Not good. Anyone remember Oklahoma? How about Washington? Nope, not good.

The team that loses the first game benefits almost always. It would be an exciting game assuming our defensive line progresses some during the season. And by progresses, I mean let the youngins' get a shot during the season.

No one benefits from repeats. Huskers have not had good luck at playing repeat bowls. Not good. Anyone remember Oklahoma? How about Washington? Nope, not good.

I agree. It is hard to beat a team twice in the same season. Plus even if you do...big deal. You have already beaten that team and were probably expected to again. The only benefit would be a redemption game for the Huskers and that's about it.

Playing the same team twice is like marrying the same women twice: where's the excitement?

(Although in UCLA's case, facing a Rose Bowl opponent that they already played that season is a good formula to follow. Both in the 1966 Rose Bowl vs. Michgan State and the 1976 Rose Bowl vs. Ohio State, the Bruins faced two teams that they played - and lost to - during the regular season. And in both cases UCLA won the Rose Bowl (and in both cases Michigan State and Ohio State were rated No. 1 coming into that game).)

Way, way, way too early to talk about the Rose Bowl for either team. One week at a time.

Somebody, in one of the threads, said "I hope Nebraska and UCLA end up in the Rose Bowl', or something similar...I've looked everywhere, but I can't find the post (or the thread), and I've got to get back to work...

I think that would be absolutely awesome for both programs. If we (both schools) do end up in the Bowl, I will be hosting a huge tailgate in the Arroyo Seco to celebrate. I hereby invite you Huskers to join us, if that comes to fruitition.

Good luck to you guys the rest of the year. If NU makes the Rose Bowl, it'll be because of how bad the B1G is, but it'd be nice to see it happen. I'm sure you'll have your hands full with that cross-town team and possibly Oregon if you meet up.

I think that was me. I said " Watch Ucla and Nebraska end up in the rose bowl playing each other!" In other words I was jabbing the guys having a melt down and also bringing to light that maybe UCLA might be this years Auburn! Only time will tell. It is not like we got curb stomped. But for the record I was laughing at the spread of the game. Right now I think you look better then USC. Key word Right NOW! Oregon,Well good luck with that one.