The film "2016 Obama’s America"

Comish

From my view, he has been nominated for or won over 50 awards for creating "DOCUMENTARIES". Gee.....I wonder why people think he makes "documentaries".

Hopefully Hollywood wil create an "Infomercial" category, so they are no longer labelled as documentaries.

When you said "people think", I do not believe that they do think for themselves.

I don't totally disagree with you. And I'm certainly not in support of Michael Moore. All I'm saying is, he (BigRedBuster) just expects that a guy who says he's giving you the "real" story to actually do that.

It comes down to... does anyone going to a Michael Moore film believe that they are getting the "real story".

Perhaps so (the Ed Schultz audience), but I am biased by my own desire to research sources.

They do - that's the whole point of a documentary.

Well... let me qualify that. They did. Back in the day, I think when he released Roger & Me, people thought Moore was shooting straight (some people, not I).

I think most people know now that Moore is more demagogue than documentarian. Of course there are always those suckers out there. WC Fields mentioned something about them.

I don't totally disagree with you. And I'm certainly not in support of Michael Moore. All I'm saying is, he (BigRedBuster) just expects that a guy who says he's giving you the "real" story to actually do that.

It comes down to... does anyone going to a Michael Moore film believe that they are getting the "real story".

Perhaps so (the Ed Schultz audience), but I am biased by my own desire to research sources.

They do - that's the whole point of a documentary.

Well... let me qualify that. They did. Back in the day, I think when he released Roger & Me, people thought Moore was shooting straight (some people, not I).

I think most people know now that Moore is more demagogue than documentarian. Of course there are always those suckers out there. WC Fields mentioned something about them.

WC might have been on to something.....

I’m afraid some folks DID take Moore seriously.

As an example a co-worker of mine took his kids OUT OF SCHOOL to go see Fahrenheit and returned gushing with vitriol about how Moore had the guts to turn this election with his groundbreaking film. This was a guy with basically the same midwestern background of most of the posters (I would guess) on this board. He was not some looney, but a Professional Director and I was literally stunned that he fell for that load of puckey.

As an example a co-worker of mine took his kids OUT OF SCHOOL to go see Fahrenheit and returned gushing with vitriol about how Moore had the guts to turn this election with his groundbreaking film. This was a guy with basically the same midwestern background of most of the posters (I would guess) on this board. He was not some looney, but a Professional Director and I was literally stunned that he fell for that load of puckey.

I'm not sure that you have too much room to be stunned when you started a thread about D'Souza's film...

• Fire 2

WC might have been on to something.....

what does this mean? also, what specifically do people hate about moore? i am not an apologist for moore by any means, but i get the sense that a lot of people do not like him because they are not supposed to. the reason i saw 'fahrenheit 9/11' because my logic was, if i was going to be a critic of his, i better know what i was criticizing. in his documentaries, he is making an argument and providing his sources. are they or is he perfect, no. but his movies bring up arguments (generally controversial and controversially) that deserve conversations and as such he deserves to have his say in the political discourse.

the biggest problem with the media is that only conventional thought survives, because that is all there is time for. if you say osama bin laden was a terrorist, well no duh. if you say george bush was a terrorist, you are treated as if you are a martian, that is because you do not have time to extrapolate and expand your arguments with sources and logic if you are part of a 15 min. segment with three other guests. discourse is limited to conventional wisdom because it requires no further elaboration, then it devolves to just a shouting argument. as such, no truly oppositional viewpoints are every introduced, other than to shoot it down and call the guest a 'loon'. example, during the buildup for the war in iraq fox news had many guests for the war that were foreign policy experts or retired generals, then against the war they would have janeane garofalo. so they were providing both sides of the debate, but not really of equal opinions.

so, my summation would be that although moore is objectionable, he should not be banished and dismissed without a fair assessment. but it is easier just to label him as a blowhard with an agenda and ignore the very serious issues he addresses.

I'm not sure that you have too much room to be stunned when you started a thread about D'Souza's film...

If you read the original post, I was asking the question about whether or not D'Souza had a legitimate beef with the media who fawned over Moore's films but ignored his.

But feel free to cherry pick when responding to posts...... as is your pattern.

If you read the original post, I was asking the question about whether or not D'Souza had a legitimate beef with the media who fawned over Moore's films but ignored his.

That's not quite true. You said this in the OP:

Just wondering if any have seen this film (or intend to) and/or if some have some comments on it.

That's not cherry picking . . . that's your own words. Apparently you'd like to hear from someone who "fell for that load of puckey." :lol:

• Fire 1