It could be worse...

polo_check

i work with a guy who is a *huge* tennesse fan. this season has been a continual series of kicks to his crotch in every sense of the word.

i take absolutely no pleasure in mocking another man's team, especially after the past few season nebraska has had. so i've been trying to keep his spirit's up with little gems like this even tho they're quickly quashed by reports like these.

his greatest fear right now is that tennesseee 'does a nebraska,' in his words. had fulmer had a couple of tough years? yah. but is that enough reason to toss him over the side of the boat?

for enough fans, it is. and that's why he's hoping the TENN AD has the backbone to stand with fulmer.

all i can say is, 'been there, done that.' and the guy has my sympathies.

When is the last time Nebraska was ranked #3 in the pre-season polls and failed to qualify for a bowl game?  I'll go out on a limb and say NEVER!

I'm glad I'm not a Tennesse fan!

fire fulmer, he sucks blah blah blah. Hire some pro guy,he'll save everything.

>>>ZING<<<

oh, sarcasm..! thy name is BERNARD..!

Fat Fullmer is a pretty good coach...I think, like NU last year, it kinda snowballed on them, and when you're losing, it's tough to get going again. Kids are kids, and they have lots of emotions going through their heads. That's why I think the NU win over K-ST may be a turning point for Callahan, win or lose at CU. The kids OBVIOUSLY want to play for him, or they woulda layed down. They didn't. That's why I am still believing in Cally (if not Coz...he needs to be thrown under the bus!).

I've heard from a couple of guys that "claim" (dont kill the messenger please.) that tennessee has been bashing us to recruits. They also went on to say that they have no class. I think its safe to say that every coach in the country has bashed our program. no surprise there.

I think our future is looking good. We layed down in a lot of games last year. This year we've only laid down against kansas IMO. I think the kids want to play for coach callahan and things are looking better and better. My sunshine pump for the day.

Well Tennessee should be bashing the Huskers. NU has spanked them the last 2 times we played them and then we go into their backyard and take the Bullocks from them and then we get Mr. Tennessee (Barry Turner)

They have to feel like Nebraska fans did when Gale Sayers left the state to play in Kansas.