7 Nation Army

The Italian National Club used it for the 2006 World Cup.

Penn State then ripped it off for the 2007 football season.

Ohio State ripped it off of PSU for the 2008 season(No one in the Shoe really got behind the chant until the scUM game)

Then it's continuously been ripped off by almost every school from UF to USC.

It pretty much gets done everywhere. Heard it by Buffalo fans during the Chiefs game on the radio. I first really noticed it by Michigan against Notre Dame last year. Then heard by Ohio St. fans during the game in Lincoln. Asked an Ohio St. fan what he knew about, he just said it was something that started getting done, didnt know when. I told him Michigan does it to, and he had a stroke (not really). After that I started to hear it every game I saw on tv, then all through the basketball season too. Frankly, I think it's dumb, and has already run it's course.

• 3 weeks later...

Only State and UM get to actually use it, since The White Stripes are from Detroit, and therefore, Michigan. So there.

And like State and UM, the song sucks.

I mean, it doesn't suck, does it? I think it has been over played ad nauseam but it's still a good, old fashioned rock song.

All joking aside, I would prefer not to hear it at UM games. It gets the students pumped up, but i'm sure there's something more creative and unique the athletic dept. could use. Jump Around for UW is a good example.

Only State and UM get to actually use it, since The White Stripes are from Detroit, and therefore, Michigan. So there.

And like State and UM, the song sucks.

I mean, it doesn't suck, does it? I think it has been over played ad nauseam but it's still a good, old fashioned rock song.

All joking aside, I would prefer not to hear it at UM games. It gets the students pumped up, but i'm sure there's something more creative and unique the athletic dept. could use. Jump Around for UW is a good example.

The concept behind it doesn't suck, but Meg (I think that's her name) as a drummer truly sucks. I've been playing drums for 28 years now.... Every time she plays, I cringe. Ohio State has started something called Buckeye Swagger that hopefully will take over for it.....or I don't know, maybe they'll bring back the O-H-I-O cheer prior to kickoffs again. Would be nice to get back to that.