Who will be playing in the National Championship game in Football 2012

As I see it so far, Alabama will definitely be playing in the National Championship game. Who will they be playing? Will it be another Alabama vs LSU? With USC getting beat yesterday, I feel that it is pretty wide open. I don't really see anybody that's on Alabama's level so far this year. LSU even looks like they aren't as dominate as they have been in the past few years. Even as bad as the B1G has been so far this year, is it possible that we could possibly have a team in the National Championship? Right now my guess to go against Alabama will be:

Oregon(but a loss to USC will negate this) or possibly

Oklahoma(which does have to get through a tough Big 12) or

Florida State(still not sure how good they are) or even, I hate to say it,

Notre Dame(their schedule looks ok for them to go undefeated and the nation loves them for some reason)

To me, it looks pretty wide open this year with the exception of Alabama. I just think Alabama looks pretty good so far. I don't really see anyone challenging them this season, but I'm wrong a lot so we'll see.

Out of your list, I'd say Oklahoma is a big fat no. Notre Dame will find a way to lose a few games too.

Oregon and Florida State? Maybe. I'm not sold that Florida State can get it done for a whole year. We know Oregon can.

Oklahoma State or West Virginia has a chance to go undefeated. How odd would that be to see the Mountaineers playing for the National Title?

Fixed.

Edited by The Dude

Teams that I see potentially getting in:

Bama

LSU

FSU

WVU

Oregon

Oklahoma

Nebraska (yeah, I said it.)

Notre Dame

For Nebraska, it's going to take all but one of the other teams probably having to lose not once, but twice. We will also have to win the rest of our games in impressive fashion. I'd give us about 1000-1 shot at making it, but we still have a chance if we continue to improve.

Bama vs Oregon or Bama vs FSU. Bama wins both easily.

I was thinking the same thing actually. I don't think there is anyone that is going to beat Alabama this year, but I also didn't think there was going to be anyone that was going to be USC this year either. This is shaping up to be a weird year! I would actually agree that it wouldn't be the weirdest thing in the world to see Nebraska in there. We didn't look good against UCLA, but I don't see as much competition in the B1G as I thought there was.