Alltime Class Opponents Away

In the early '70s, if I recall correctly, we played Arkansas and the reception for us was courteous and very sportsman like. It was a pleasure to play them in a bowl.

What other teams can emulate that Univ. in how we're received while playing on the road? Of course the people that would really know would be those who actually attended games away, not merely read about it.

You know what I think it is. I think that for the most part, being rude and doing all of those horrible things that you hear about other team's fans doing has alot to do with insecurity. There is a reason that Colorado and Kansas State fans not only hate us, but are a$$hole$ about it as well. It take alot of balls to admit that your program isnt as good as someone else's, and its alot easier to say (&*@ you instead to cover up you own feelings of inadequecy. You will notice that the fans of the better programs with more tradtion, like Notre Dame, are much more comfortable with their own machoness and dont need to prove their manhood by being an a-hole. Its the same reason that naming you kid dick butkus makes for one angry, big man.

Stuck In Chicago: You might be onto something. I presume, based on that logic, OU fans must treat us pretty decently in Norman.

Isn't it a shame that the Big 12 took away one of the great rivalries and eliminated not only the OU/NU Thanksgiving game, but would not even let us play each year. I think that the North-South playoff for the Big 12 Championship makes for a top team to have another loss and hurts Big 12 participation in another top bowl game. TO was right when he opposed it. Has the extra revenue been worth it, since one lesser bowl yields less shared revenue?

Now how did I get on my soapbox?

ND in 2000 was pretty awesome. That was easily one of the better gamesw I have been to and everyone there was really cool to all the Husker fans there I thought

I had a great experience at Notre Dame too - met some cool people who showed me all over the campus - but best expierence was at Southern Mississippi in 2003 I had a blast, everyone kept saying "We sure are glad that you brought them TAX dollars with you" Everyone was gracious even in defeat.

I stated on another thread that I have been to Norman many times and really do not recall any "bad" experiences.... Pretty much a "mutual respect"

We were there in '83 when Gill-Rozier.....Harris knocked away ball in last seconds to preserve the win..... OU fans were just fine (of course, I was about 11, so they weren't going to knock a kid)...... Also have been there when OU has won and by a big margin.... Mickey Joseph knocked into bench and Grant leads us to a 49-10 loss..... Fans still were pretty decent.....

It is my experience that Tennessee fans have been very courteous... Both at Miami and Tempe.... Volunteer fans had class....

ND was also a very enjoyable trip.... Even after a hard-breaking loss, Irish fans treated us well.

Has anyone had a good experience attending the game in Boulder against us? By good, I mean, treated you with sportmanlike courtesy, as in Norman.

When I wear Husker clothes in Colorado, someone almost always makes a crack. When I do the same in any other state, including CA, they act like its just another school; no big deal.