Gregg Doyel

What did Gregg Doyel write or tweet that he is now apologizing to all of Husker Nation for? From the apologies I assume it was related to Pelini's health scare but I can't find original tweet. Just a bunch of apologies. I like some of what this guy writes but he is always trying to be edgy. I guess I give him props for apologizing if it was something in poor taste.

Doyel is a freaking tool. I have no idea what he wrote or tweeted and frankly I don't care. I'm completely unsurprised that he would have said something that required apologizing.

I am unsurprised that he said something requiring apology, but I do give him some credit for actually apologizing. I don't see that much out of him.

Doyel is a freaking tool. I have no idea what he wrote or tweeted and frankly I don't care. I'm completely unsurprised that he would have said something that required apologizing.

I am unsurprised that he said something requiring apology, but I do give him some credit for actually apologizing. I don't see that much out of him.

Yeah. He's a real hero for apologizing. We should give him a medal or something.

It's just too bad he didn't crack jokes about Jerry Kill's seizure on the sideline last year, then apologize, so we could give him two medals in a row.

Maybe next year he'll call out some player for being carted off the field and then apologize, and we can look up to him again. He could make a career out of this, and we could all respect the hell out of him because, no matter how stupid his initial comments, he later repents and apologizes.

Yeah. He's a real hero for apologizing. We should give him a medal or something.

It's just too bad he didn't crack jokes about Jerry Kill's seizure on the sideline last year, then apologize, so we could give him two medals in a row.

Maybe next year he'll call out some player for being carted off the field and then apologize, and we can look up to him again. He could make a career out of this, and we could all respect the hell out of him because, no matter how stupid his initial comments, he later repents and apologizes.

I understand you don't like him. That is fine. Yes he makes stupid comments. I am not saying give him a medal or respect him more for apologizing. He shouldn't have said it in the first place. That is his MO though. I am just saying with all the stupid comments he makes, he rarely apologizes.

Maybe he should stop making stupid comments. You'd think that if this is a pattern, eventually he'd learn that these are stupid things to say, and stop. Clearly he doesn't stop for a reason - and that's because it gets people talking about him. I have little respect for journalists who try to forge a career by being twerps.

• Fire 1

Maybe he should stop making stupid comments. You'd think that if this is a pattern, eventually he'd learn that these are stupid things to say, and stop. Clearly he doesn't stop for a reason - and that's because it gets people talking about him. I have little respect for journalists who try to forge a career by being twerps.

I agree with you on this. I don't like it either but it works otherwise people wouldn't do it. Obviously it works since it caught my attention and we are discussing it now.

I also don't like journalists that pump sunshine 24/7 but there are some of those as well. Whatever happened to objective journalism? I don't find much of that around anymore.

Regardless of Doyel's quote -- can we all now agree that if Bo Pelini answers a reporter's inquiry with "He's fine. He's good. He's fine" it really means the guy has a shredded ACL or a broken leg?

I watched the film last night and the half-time interview is hilarious -- "Coach we saw your pulse being taken" "Yeah, I'm good. I'm fine. Doing fine. I don't feel very well." haha.

I agree with you on this. I don't like it either but it works otherwise people wouldn't do it. Obviously it works since it caught my attention and we are discussing it now.

I also don't like journalists that pump sunshine 24/7 but there are some of those as well. Whatever happened to objective journalism? I don't find much of that around anymore.

Doyel is a columnist. He is not writing straight news reports. Hence his creative license and subjectivity. He draws page views.

Objective journalism has been waning for decades as more and more newsrooms have been managed more like factory floors (profits and margins and share price).

You can provide your feedback to Doyle here: HATE MAIL That's where he gets the fodder for his weekly Hate Mail column on www.cbssports.com. (I had an HB thread with stuff from that column for a while last year.)

Here's the feedback I sent to Gregg Doyle:

Nice apology on the Pelini tweet. You better backpedal dude. Bo Pelini eats guys like you for a snack. And craps them out during his mid-morning duker break. Just last week he dropped a steamer that looked EXACTLY like you.
  • Fire 1