Taxes

This is important and timely. Seriously . . . read this if you're even remotely interested in tax policy.

Take someone who makes $4 million dollars a year and someone who makes $40,000 a year. The person making $4 million dollars, assuming he’s not doing some Romney-esque planning, is paying a 35 percent tax on most of that money. The person making $40,000 is probably paying no income tax at all. So that makes the system look really unfair to the rich guy.

That’s the basic analysis of the 47 percent line. And it’s a basic analysis that serves a purpose: It makes further tax cuts for the rich sound more reasonable.

But what if we did the same thing for the payroll tax? Remember, the payroll tax only applies to first $110,100 or so, our rich friends is only paying payroll taxes on 2.7 percent of his income. The guy making $40,000? He’s paying payroll taxes on every dollar of his income. Now who’s not getting a fair shake?

total-tax-bill-income.jpg

http://www.washingto...se-of-tax-data/

Let's not forget other regressive tax policies, like consumption tax. Also, retired people receiving SS and Medicare are considered as part of this 47%. Call your dad/mom/grandpa/grandma and be sure to inform them that they are a leech on society and predestined to vote for Obama, courtesy of Romney.

Let's not forget other regressive tax policies, like consumption tax. Also, retired people receiving SS and Medicare are considered as part of this 47%. Call your dad/mom/grandpa/grandma and be sure to inform them that they are a leech on society and predestined to vote for Obama, courtesy of Romney.

Well, by definition they are a leech on the system. THAT is the system that has been created; our system is, you are dependent on the government at retirement age. Instead, you should be saving for YOUR retirement and not relying on the government. The problem is they goverment taxes you so much you can't afford too.

Also, for medical purposes, you can't pay for a good portion of medical services because of the system in place. That doesn't mean you should be dependent on the government but that you need to vote in people who will fix this system for the betterment of the people. For some time now, all politicians only look to further the globalization of this country.

Our government was never created to do this crap, nor was it ever intended to do this crap. The more the goverment does for you the more you are dependent on them.

I know most will call this silly but it is the truth.

The problem is they goverment taxes you so much you can't afford too.

*cough*

High Taxes? Actually, They're at a 60-Year Low

http://www.cbsnews.c...62-7326720.html

I was talking about being taxed at every corner. EVERYTHING is taxed, which is one reason this country was started in the first place.

The IRS is a biggest scam ever perpitraded on the people.

Would you care to elaborate on how the IRS is a scam?

This is important and timely. Seriously . . . read this if you're even remotely interested in tax policy.

Take someone who makes $4 million dollars a year and someone who makes $40,000 a year. The person making $4 million dollars, assuming he’s not doing some Romney-esque planning, is paying a 35 percent tax on most of that money. The person making $40,000 is probably paying no income tax at all. So that makes the system look really unfair to the rich guy.

That’s the basic analysis of the 47 percent line. And it’s a basic analysis that serves a purpose: It makes further tax cuts for the rich sound more reasonable.

But what if we did the same thing for the payroll tax? Remember, the payroll tax only applies to first $110,100 or so, our rich friends is only paying payroll taxes on 2.7 percent of his income. The guy making $40,000? He’s paying payroll taxes on every dollar of his income. Now who’s not getting a fair shake?

total-tax-bill-income.jpg

http://www.washingto...se-of-tax-data/

This is a really interesting article. Great share.

The problem is they goverment taxes you so much you can't afford too.

*cough*

High Taxes? Actually, They're at a 60-Year Low

http://www.cbsnews.c...62-7326720.html

I was talking about being taxed at every corner. EVERYTHING is taxed, which is one reason this country was started in the first place.

The IRS is a biggest scam ever perpitraded on the people.

Would you care to elaborate on how the IRS is a scam?

The Fedral Reserve is nothing more than a banking cartel, they are not part of the Federal Government.

Yes, the IRS is part of the Fed Reserve. Yes, that is contrary to what we are told. We are told they are part of the treasury but they are not.

The Fedral Reserve is nothing more than a banking cartel, they are not part of the Federal Government.

OK, care to elaborate about that? And what does that have to do with the IRS? You do realize the Fed and the IRS are not the same thing, correct?

Actually, they are, but like I added above this is contrary to what most believe. Most believe everything they are told by the government.

I will add this article but I won't go any further because you don't care, or I should say will never believe it, so I won't bother.

http://www.supremelaw.org/sls/31answers.htm

1.Is the Internal Revenue Service (“IRS”) an organization within the U.S. Department of the Treasury?

Answer: No. The IRS is not an organization within the United States Department of the Treasury. The U.S. Department of the Treasury was organized by statutes now codified in Title 31 of the United States Code, abbreviated “31 U.S.C.” The only mention of the IRS anywhere in 31 U.S.C. §§ 301‑313 is an authorization for the President to appoint an Assistant General Counsel in the U.S. Department of the Treasury to be the Chief Counsel for the IRS. See 31 U.S.C. 301(f)(2).