Taxes

The Fedral Reserve is nothing more than a banking cartel, they are not part of the Federal Government.

OK, care to elaborate about that? And what does that have to do with the IRS? You do realize the Fed and the IRS are not the same thing, correct?

Actually, they are, but like I added above this is contrary to what most believe. Most believe everything they are told by the government.

I will add this article but I won't go any further because you don't care, or I should say will never believe it, so I won't bother.

http://www.supremela...s/31answers.htm

1.Is the Internal Revenue Service (“IRS”) an organization within the U.S. Department of the Treasury?

Answer: No. The IRS is not an organization within the United States Department of the Treasury. The U.S. Department of the Treasury was organized by statutes now codified in Title 31 of the United States Code, abbreviated “31 U.S.C.” The only mention of the IRS anywhere in 31 U.S.C. §§ 301‑313 is an authorization for the President to appoint an Assistant General Counsel in the U.S. Department of the Treasury to be the Chief Counsel for the IRS. See 31 U.S.C. 301(f)(2).

Sorry, but the IRS and the Federal Reserve are, in fact, not the same thing. The IRS is indeed a bureau withing the US Department of Treasury. You can, in fact, go to the US Department of Treasury website and view section called "Bureaus", which include the IRS. http://www.treasury.gov/about/organizational-structure/bureaus/Pages/default.aspx

That said, you've still done nothing to provide any reasoning as to why you think the IRS is a "scam" and the Fed is a "cartel". All you've done is through out some tea party talking points, without any support, other than some random article that states something that, quite simply, isn't true.

Ron Paul 2012, amirite?

The Fed is "independent", but they are still part of the government, as they are ultimately accountable to Congress. They are independent in the sense that Congress doesn't administer their day-to-day operations, not because they are totally separate from the government.

The Fedral Reserve is nothing more than a banking cartel, they are not part of the Federal Government.

OK, care to elaborate about that? And what does that have to do with the IRS? You do realize the Fed and the IRS are not the same thing, correct?

Actually, they are, but like I added above this is contrary to what most believe. Most believe everything they are told by the government.

I will add this article but I won't go any further because you don't care, or I should say will never believe it, so I won't bother.

http://www.supremela...s/31answers.htm

1.Is the Internal Revenue Service (“IRS”) an organization within the U.S. Department of the Treasury?

Answer: No. The IRS is not an organization within the United States Department of the Treasury. The U.S. Department of the Treasury was organized by statutes now codified in Title 31 of the United States Code, abbreviated “31 U.S.C.” The only mention of the IRS anywhere in 31 U.S.C. §§ 301‑313 is an authorization for the President to appoint an Assistant General Counsel in the U.S. Department of the Treasury to be the Chief Counsel for the IRS. See 31 U.S.C. 301(f)(2).

Sorry, but the IRS and the Federal Reserve are, in fact, not the same thing. The IRS is indeed a bureau withing the US Department of Treasury. You can, in fact, go to the US Department of Treasury website and view section called "Bureaus", which include the IRS. http://www.treasury....es/default.aspx

That said, you've still done nothing to provide any reasoning as to why you think the IRS is a "scam" and the Fed is a "cartel". All you've done is through out some tea party talking points, without any support, other than some random article that states something that, quite simply, isn't true.

Really? You don't understand why they are a scam even after me telling you they are not part of the federal govenment? Falsely collecting taxes based on a lie, ok..

Have you ever read the book "the creature from jekyll island"? Very good book.

I see you posted a site that says the IRS is part of the fed.. lol, well that seals it. The treasury woudn't lie to the people, so it must be true.

Let's not forget other regressive tax policies, like consumption tax. Also, retired people receiving SS and Medicare are considered as part of this 47%. Call your dad/mom/grandpa/grandma and be sure to inform them that they are a leech on society and predestined to vote for Obama, courtesy of Romney.

Well, by definition they are a leech on the system. THAT is the system that has been created; our system is, you are dependent on the government at retirement age. Instead, you should be saving for YOUR retirement and not relying on the government. The problem is they goverment taxes you so much you can't afford too.

Also, for medical purposes, you can't pay for a good portion of medical services because of the system in place. That doesn't mean you should be dependent on the government but that you need to vote in people who will fix this system for the betterment of the people. For some time now, all politicians only look to further the globalization of this country.

Our government was never created to do this crap, nor was it ever intended to do this crap. The more the goverment does for you the more you are dependent on them.

I know most will call this silly but it is the truth.

They paid SS and Medicare taxes, and are now receiving those benefits. You might be right that they are technically leeches, but these people paid their dues. Investing in your own retirement plan too is a fine idea, but what happens when the economy sh#ts itself after you retire and wipes out your investments and savings? There's a reason why Medicare and Social Security were implemented in the first place. I understand there are those who are ideologically against these programs, but I personally have no problem in ensuring that the elderly can live out their lives with dignity, and with access to the healthcare they need.

I agree that that healthcare needs additional reform beyond what the ACA delivers. The VA hospitals, for example, negotiate with drug suppliers, so they get drugs for cheaper than Medicare and the rest of the country do. But, healthcare is only getting more expensive, and we're not going to be able to hold costs down to make it affordable for everyone without federal funds to help pay. Universal coverage is probably inevitable, and we'll be better off for it.

The government is what we want it to be. The government was formed over 200 years ago, and things were much different back then. We're facing a slew of challenges that they never had to. The world changes, and we have to be willing to adjust to it.

Also, repeal FICA and just pay SS anyway.

That's because it's codified elsewhere: http://law.justia.co....1.2.1.2.1.html

edit: we need the ability to delete our own posts

• Fire 1

Really? You don't understand why they are a scam even after me telling you they are not part of the federal govenment?

But they are part of the federal government . . .

I see you posted a site that says the IRS is part of the fed.. lol, well that seals it. The treasury woudn't lie to the people, so it must be true.

The irony is strong with this one. It's right in the Federal Code . . . you can look that up anywhere that you'd like. The Justia link that Malth provided would be a good start. If you don't believe that one you can use that citation to look at any version of the code that you'd like.

It is a little odd that you believe information on the website that you posted and that you discount information from any website that contradicts your website. You might want to think that over.

• Fire 1

I like that huskerXman is asked to elaborate on things, and does. That's good conversation, right there.

Did I not give info to back my claim? I can't help it if you and others don't believe it.. I said from the brginning you wouldn't.

You've mistaken my tone. I was serious. I may not agree with some of the things you say, but I appreciate that, when asked to explain your position, you do. Please continue to do so - it makes the board much more fun to read.

This is important and timely. Seriously . . . read this if you're even remotely interested in tax policy.

Take someone who makes $4 million dollars a year and someone who makes $40,000 a year. The person making $4 million dollars, assuming he’s not doing some Romney-esque planning, is paying a 35 percent tax on most of that money. The person making $40,000 is probably paying no income tax at all. So that makes the system look really unfair to the rich guy.

That’s the basic analysis of the 47 percent line. And it’s a basic analysis that serves a purpose: It makes further tax cuts for the rich sound more reasonable.

But what if we did the same thing for the payroll tax? Remember, the payroll tax only applies to first $110,100 or so, our rich friends is only paying payroll taxes on 2.7 percent of his income. The guy making $40,000? He’s paying payroll taxes on every dollar of his income. Now who’s not getting a fair shake?

total-tax-bill-income.jpg

http://www.washingto...se-of-tax-data/

You actually expect a fair shake from any government be it local, state or federal???? You live in dream land if you do.. Their only purpose is to FU.

T_O_B

Really? You don't understand why they are a scam even after me telling you they are not part of the federal govenment? Falsely collecting taxes based on a lie, ok..

Have you ever read the book "the creature from jekyll island"? Very good book.

Yes, even after you telling me they are not a part of the federal government.... because that simply isn't true. They ARE part of the federal government.

I'm curious as to what makes you think your website is more accurate than the Department of Treasury website (or any website you care to look at that says the IRS is part of the Dept. of Treasury).

Really? You don't understand why they are a scam even after me telling you they are not part of the federal govenment?

But they are part of the federal government . . .

The irony is strong with this one. It's right in the Federal Code . . . you can look that up anywhere that you'd like. The Justia link that Malth provided would be a good start. If you don't believe that one you can use that citation to look at any version of the code that you'd like.

It is a little odd that you believe information on the website that you posted and that you discount information from any website that contradicts your website. You might want to think that over.

See, if you actually took the time to read the info from that site you might then understand my position.

Let me add it in case you didn't read anything I presented..

Were the so-called 14th and 16th amendments properly ratified?

Answer: No. Neither was properly ratified. In the case of People v. Boxer (December 1992), docket number #S-030016, U.S. Senator Barbara Boxer fell totally silent in the face of an Application to the California Supreme Court by the People of California, for an ORDER compelling Senator Boxer to witness the material evidence against the so-called 16th amendment.

That so‑called “amendment” allegedly authorized federal income taxation, even though it contains no provision expressly repealing two Constitutional Clauses mandating that direct taxes must be apportioned. The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals and the U.S. Supreme Court have both ruled that repeals by implication are not favored. See Crawford Fitting Co. et al. v. J.T. Gibbons, Inc., 482 U.S. 437, 442 (1987).

The material evidence in question was summarized in AFFIDAVIT’s that were properly executed and filed in that case. Boxer fell totally silent, thus rendering those affidavits the “truth of the case.” The so‑called 16th amendment has now been correctly identified as a major fraud upon the American People and the United States. Major fraud against the United States is a serious federal offense. See 18 U.S.C. 1031.

I like that huskerXman is asked to elaborate on things, and does. That's good conversation, right there.

Did I not give info to back my claim? I can't help it if you and others don't believe it.. I said from the brginning you wouldn't.

You've mistaken my tone. I was serious. I may not agree with some of the things you say, but I appreciate that, when asked to explain your position, you do. Please continue to do so - it makes the board much more fun to read.

No, I haven't mistaken your tone. You are trolling under the guise of being a mod.

• Fire 2