Courtney Osborne

zoogs

Ok, I have to ask, because Courtney has been one of my favorite players in the up-and-coming secondary these past few seasons. I felt he would've been a great stabilizing force last year, and the backfield this year would benefit from his presence.

So we saw him out on the field today making some plays. I believe he forced a fumble, and got banged up a little (not sure where) on that blocked punt.

I've heard it said here that he has multiple concussions and as a result wasn't going to play anymore, having accepted a move to an upperclassman mentor role. I've also heard he had injury issues keeping him off the field last season, at a time when he wasn't playing in the secondary but in there on at least a few special teams coverages.

So... what gives?

Ok, I have to ask, because Courtney has been one of my favorite players in the up-and-coming secondary these past few seasons. I felt he would've been a great stabilizing force last year, and the backfield this year would benefit from his presence.

So we saw him out on the field today making some plays. I believe he forced a fumble, and got banged up a little (not sure where) on that blocked punt.

I've heard it said here that he has multiple concussions and as a result wasn't going to play anymore, having accepted a move to an upperclassman mentor role. I've also heard he had injury issues keeping him off the field last season, at a time when he wasn't playing in the secondary but in there on at least a few special teams coverages.

So... what gives?

The concussions have been the biggest deal with him as of late. They've limited his contact at times and that probably has kept him off the field at times in the back field. At one point he more or less had 3 separate instances almost in back to babk o back returns to practice where he had pretty good cobwebs. He seems to bounce back pretty fast from them but he also seems to get them easily. They considered having him Medical scholarship this year as the swelling didn't seem to subside from his brain. Rumor is they are trying different things with him through our research team to see about preventing them as he wants to play.

• 2 months later...

The concussions have been the biggest deal with him as of late. They've limited his contact at times and that probably has kept him off the field at times in the back field. At one point he more or less had 3 separate instances almost in back to babk o back returns to practice where he had pretty good cobwebs. He seems to bounce back pretty fast from them but he also seems to get them easily. They considered having him Medical scholarship this year as the swelling didn't seem to subside from his brain. Rumor is they are trying different things with him through our research team to see about preventing them as he wants to play.

So is it safe to say there's been a research breakthrough? Will we see a lot of Courtney in the bowl game?

So is it safe to say there's been a research breakthrough? Will we see a lot of Courtney in the bowl game?

As long as the head is clear and he wants to play they'll play him.

Cool, I'm pretty stoked. Apparently Stafford got caught out of position a ton of times vs Wisconsin. I'm thinking we could really benefit from a returned-to-form Osborne back there.

Stafford has always been hit or miss. People like him because he goes for the big hit almost everytime. But when he misses or doesn't wrap up it costs us. But this loss wasn't just him. The team had a few bad things happen and then they started to overcompensate for things and got out of position.