Notre Lame pulls out of Michigan series

NUance

You will eventually see Rutgers in the Big Ten. I'm pretty sure of it.

Kansas would be a good addition, not by themselves but I would endorse their addition. I don't think it happens but It would be a pleasant surprise.

Yes i totally agree. The big 10 loves history, and Rutgers is one of the 2 schools too first play the sport. beside the history it has a great team nowadays and as an academic institution is unparalleled.

I think KU gets in too help us in basketball, i agree with you there. They may try too drag their retarded little brother K-state with them though.................

This is the problem with the Big XII

Kansas would be welcomed. Kansas State would NOT be.

Oklahoma might be welcomed. Okie Lite would NOT be.

1. Texas and A&M would have been perfect but it's too late now. A&M seemed hellbent to be in the SEC as well.

Rutgers is an eventual addition and besides being a fantastic public institution it is the official state school of New Jersey(The state with the most millionaires) they have started to invest a little more in football, It is a pretty talented state with one of the top high schools(Don Bosco) and it is basically an extension of the largest TV market in the US.

The only problem is they need to either move as a tenant of Giants' Stadium in Seacaucus or invest in their football stadium to get it to 60,000-70,000. 52,000 is doable but with all the Big Ten alumni and fans on the east coast they will be getting big crowds for the big boys of the conference. Maybe play the IUs and PUs in Piscataway and the big guys at the Meadowlands.

1. just no........

the rest of it i agree. They have done some renovating but playing at an NFL stadium would be much more appealing too the big 10, and too future recruits too their program.

I think rutgers joins in the next 10 - 20 years depending on if the big east stays a AQ, but will join sooner if it does not. if and when they join the conference i think the big 10 will extend an invite too KU too even out the divisions, and too resume what was one of the longest uninterrupted series in college sports in the KU NU game.

How many big time traditional games have we lost?

NE vr OK (Thanks Longwhores)

Kan vr MO

Tex vr TA&M

ND vr MU

Any others?

T_O_B

G>B>R

NU and KS schools were sorta rivalries when they were good. CU kinda counts but only because their funny look funny and want too be us.

we could soon add ND MSU if the 5 game ACC scheduling makes things difficult. ND seems too not value the Michigan school match ups nowadays.

Biggest one lost recently was the back yard brawl between WVU and PITT. we may not see it again for a long time, it was the big Easts marque rivalry in recent years.