Communication Errors

lo country

If I am not mistaken, late in the 2nd quarter, the announcers said after one defensive series, Paps called the D over to look at their wrsitbands to make sure everyone was on the same page. Almost implied, they were off. second half surely showed that adjustments were working. Mentioned using the wrist bands last week, but no bringing them to UCLA so as not to "add something new" to soon.

I guess it worked. Wish they could fix it prior to the field.

Did anyone else get that impression as well?

Guys running in and out of the huddle late, and not getting set and ready to play on defense happened way too much especially in the first half.

Not to mention our Safety running around in 3 yard circles with his back turned every time Whiskey dropped back to pass. It was VERY frustrating to watch.

Because every time he dropped back to pass it was some sort of PA. When you're selling out to stop the run, you get caught, that didn't happen as much second half.

Wisconsin did a lot of unseen funny stuff in the first half. Wholesale WR shifts, lining up in 5 wide spread and shifting in to Pro I and snapping quickly. The WR motion at the snap that seemed to freeze everyone including Paps the first few times. They obviously re-invented some stuff for this game like UCLA did. The adjustments is what makes a defense great. McBride did if for decades.

As far as wrong pages on wristbands, that seems like a pretty legitimate reason (not excuse). One said it's been happening for years. Sorry, but there is a big difference between communication and flailing arms trying to figure out where to go. Last night's 1st half was ridiculous at time. Ball's TD pass drop, I dont think was Fisher's fault anyway. There was probably so to be a safety back there. The TD pass to Abracadabra, the safety turned 3 complete 360's trying to get back.

Wisconsin did a lot of unseen funny stuff in the first half. Wholesale WR shifts, lining up in 5 wide spread and shifting in to Pro I and snapping quickly. The WR motion at the snap that seemed to freeze everyone including Paps the first few times. They obviously re-invented some stuff for this game like UCLA did. The adjustments is what makes a defense great. McBride did if for decades.

As far as wrong pages on wristbands, that seems like a pretty legitimate reason (not excuse). One said it's been happening for years. Sorry, but there is a big difference between communication and flailing arms trying to figure out where to go. Last night's 1st half was ridiculous at time. Ball's TD pass drop, I dont think was Fisher's fault anyway. There was probably so to be a safety back there. The TD pass to Abracadabra, the safety turned 3 complete 360's trying to get back.

how about the goal line play where our 300lb lineman was sprinting to try to get to the line before they ran the ball right through the hole he was supposed to be plugging for a TD? happened right in front of me...craziness...not saying we didn't improve 100% during the game, but, I'm serious...we are out of place a very large percentage of the time it appears....heck some guys(i believe someone said this above) had their backs to the play at times.