What classy fans

well mike tirrico said it best "their a bunch of idiots" :yeah

EXACTLY! Inexcusable behavior, too bad for you CUBuffs, a few jackasses are giving every single one of you guys a bad reputation. I would almost guarantee there are going to be plenty of Husker fans with black eyes and slashed tires tomorrow. I just hope those that went out there to support the team can make it back without harm from the hooligans.

I have to say that today I was truly embarrassed to be a Colorado Buffaloes fan. I am not stating this because of the old fashion whipping Nebraska gave the Buffs, but because of the behavior of a few fans. Unfortunately it only takes a few knuckleheads (that probably started drinking in the early morning hours) to ruin the game for all of us.

I would like to apologize to all of the Husker players and fans that were subjected to the poor sportsmanship of a few Colorado fans. I take my hat off to the way that Nebraska came in prepared to play and laid a licking on our team. Congrats!!!!

I love the rivalry (even though NU will not admit that it is a rivalry) between the fans and the schools. I have several friends that live in the Omaha area, and we have been known to throw friendly verbal jabs at each other in the week leading up to the game. Lets not let a few idiotic college students ruin it for all of us.

Congrats to the Huskers and their fans, you came to play we did not (I guess that CU figured they had the game in the bag).

:yeah

Hey, it happens to all of us. NU has a coach that makes throat slash gestures to the refs and calls opposing fans f-ing hillbillies, just dont let a few bad apples spoil the whole bunch. :thumbs

Why was their never a flag thrown?

Probably because those idiots would have stormed the field and rioted. I am sure all officials now have the Pistons-Pacers brawl of last season in the backs of their minds. It could have gotten ugly in Boulder, I think the officials handled it rather well. Barnett, however, could have gotten on the P.A.(like gamecocks said) and told the students to cool it and show some class, but instead he tried to chew off his lower lip.

Barnett didn't seem all that concerned. i wish he would of said something over the P.A. He needs to do all he can to restore his image and the image of the university.

When the ref approached Barnett about talking to the fans. You could read his lips. He said no ,it wont help anything. Sounds like Gary knows his fans are the garbage of college football. Be proud CU fans , you have just reached rock bottom. :flush

When the ref approached Barnett about talking to the fans. You could read his lips. He said no ,it wont help anything.

Barnett certainly didn't ease the "black eye" one bit. aside from his post-game excuse of "they were just frustrated", his motioning to the crowd was a very half-assed. As if he was only doing it to get the refs off his back.

I had taped the 1991 game off ESPN Classic a while back and watched part of it again just to make comparisons. frankly, I think the fans were much, much worse in that one. They threw snowballs and even blew whistles to screw up the players.

The refs stopped the game a couple times to warn the crowd. McCartney very angrily motioned to the crowd to stop- and he didn't have to have the refs tell him to do so. He was obviously pissed off and frustrated while trying to scrape some of the snowball marks off the field. At one point, the announcers refer to the "hundreds" of white marks dotting the edges of the field.

during the final play in which CU blocks a FG, several snowballs were smashing on the field from all directions- not just the student section.

something i thought was strange especially in comparison to friday night's game. I don't know if the 1991 announcers were not surprised by what was happening but they talked about the snowball throwing as if it were no big deal, as if it was part of the game. certainly this year's announcers weren't quite as understanding of the CU crowd. i can't imagine its simply a change in the times... any theories?

Well the only thing that I have to say is that CU fans are now offically the worst in the Big 12 North surpassing K-State fans, which I didn't think was possible, way to go CU and have fun getting your ASS handed to you in the Championship game!!

Anyone else see the irony in this situation. After a big loss in Boulder, the loser backs it way into a championship game. That's full circle.

Well the only thing that I have to say is that CU fans are now offically the worst in the Big 12 North surpassing K-State fans, which I didn't think was possible, way to go CU and have fun getting your ASS handed to you in the Championship game!!

CU fans have always been the worst. K-State fans have gotten pretty annoying over the past 10 years, but its always been like your little brother annoying you. Just bothersome but it doesn't really phase you and definitely doesn't worry you. CU fans on the other hand are downright nasty. I'm telling you, CU or Wyoming have the worst fans in America. I'd probably give it to CU just because there's more of them.