5 LB's vs Northwestern?

Dunno about using 5 lbs without burning redshirts, but DEFINITELY need to shake up the Compton-Whaley-Fisher starting trio. That trio has sucked much of the year. Keep Compton in the middle to stuff runs between the tackles, but we desperately need SPEEEEEED on the edges. What the hell has happened to Santos, who we heard so much about in the offseason? And I think we've already played the freshman Rose once, so why not use him more? Are we just gonna waste his potential redshirt year but playing him in only a handful of plays like we did with Quincy Enunwa??

Dunno about using 5 lbs without burning redshirts, but DEFINITELY need to shake up the Compton-Whaley-Fisher starting trio. That trio has sucked much of the year. Keep Compton in the middle to stuff runs between the tackles, but we desperately need SPEEEEEED on the edges. What the hell has happened to Santos, who we heard so much about in the offseason? And I think we've already played the freshman Rose once, so why not use him more? Are we just gonna waste his potential redshirt year but playing him in only a handful of plays like we did with Quincy Enunwa??

I don't think we have played Rose since he was given a red shirt. I could very well be wrong about that, but Santos has been switched with Whaley, but not as often as I thought, but Whaley has been covering pretty well.

QB contain/spy, is one of the most effective ways to stop a mobile QB. Manti Te'O has completely shut down each dual threat QB they have played against this year, just by staying in coverage and always staying with the QB. Not only has he shut them down, he has gotten a couple interceptions as well. Now comparing Manti Te'O to our LB's is not close, but the concept and same effects can be done. Its just a deal, does Pelini want to give in on, and start doing what he doesn't do?