Romney Debates Himself

That problem lies as much in Obama's court as it does with obstructionist congress people.

Could you elaborate?

Could you refute it and give us someplace to begin? Ah what the heck, I'll play along. Example one- the way the ACA got rammed through without bipartisan support. Example two- the way the WH would blame repubs for not passing primarily dem bills. Yes, I realize that is how politics works but, do you really think it is always a one way street in your favor?

Could you refute it and give us someplace to begin?

Another claim that is "correct until proven wrong?"

Example two- the way the WH would blame repubs for not passing primarily dem bills.

Mitch McConnell, Senate Minority Leader:

“[T]he single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term President.”

(Not improve the economy, not end our wars, not reduce the deficit, etc. Defeat Obama. Bipartisanship in action. :P)

Richard Mourdock

⁠”I certainly think bipartisanship ought to consist of Democrats coming to the Republican point of view.”

Also . . . have you looked at the American Jobs Act? I don't think that any reasonably unbiased person could look at that and say that it's a "primarily dem bill."

Yes, I realize that is how politics works but, do you really think it is always a one way street in your favor?

I don't think that I've ever said that it's a one way street in my favor. Can you admit that the present day GOP members of Congress are the most obstructionist in modern history?

• Fire 3

The thing that borders on disastrous is the decline in our ability to accomplish anything in a bipartisan manner. That problem lies as much in Obama's court as it does with obstructionist congress people. The great uniter? Hah. Better race relations? Not from what I see.

There is no way a Republican can say what you just said and expect to be taken seriously in light of this kind of evidence.

There is no way a Republican can say what you just said and expect to be taken seriously in light of this kind of evidence.

Well . . . it's not like the United States was facing any problems that Congress should have focused on in 2010 . . . . right? I mean, achieving a partisan victory was the most pressing concern. :facepalm:

bipartisanship is only an issue when they are getting left out. also, over 50% of americans like obamacare, and that number is rising. maybe it was a good thing the democrats ignored the republicans.

They just need to step back from the Tea Party induced brink. It's better for the US to have at least two legitimate, serious, political parties.

• Fire 1

bipartisanship is only an issue when they are getting left out. also, over 50% of americans like obamacare, and that number is rising. maybe it was a good thing the democrats ignored the republicans.

They just need to step back from the Tea Party induced brink. It's better for the US to have at least two legitimate, serious, political parties.

it is very much needed. republicans have crippled themselves and are incapable of proposing any serious legislature.

it is very much needed. republicans have crippled themselves . . .

If the Romney doesn't win and the GOP doesn't take the Senate I expect that changes are on the way. The GOPs current policies are going to hurt them from a demographics standpoint. As a prominent Republican said, "We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

it is very much needed. republicans have crippled themselves . . .

If the Romney doesn't win and the GOP doesn't take the Senate I expect that changes are on the way. The GOPs current policies are going to hurt them from a demographics standpoint. As a prominent Republican said, "We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

i disagree. i think if romney does lose, a lot of republicans will blame the loss on the party not nominating a 'true' conservative.