Jobless claims..

I don't think Obama has really poisoned the pool as much as the perception in some peoples minds he has. The mind is a bad thing when it effects the economy. Obamacare isn't the plan I would have choose, but it is the law, and people will deal with it one way or another and so will I.

I guess a big point of contention with the Obama admin, was the coal/energy regulations given the economic situation. I care about the environment, but I think a more sloped regulation over time would have been better for our economy and innovation of technology. I wish they would cut red tape for Nuclear, natural gas, and gas refineries to reduce the energy costs on Americans. I like the green energy initiatives for our economy, but would probably implement them differently than Obama did. I guess biggest thing he could have done, was reduce the business loopholes and write offs, and lower the effective tax rate on companies that bring in less than 10 million income. Thus increasing revenue from large companies, and lowering operational cost for small companies.

You have no clue just how bad regulations have pretty much stopped Nuke plants from being built. Nuke plats have been in my family for years.

There are a large number of plants that are not getting built because of regulations.. that isn't just on BO though.

I kinda feel like you think I disagree with you. I think a lot of the regulations on Nuclear are fear based, and with proper innovation could be a major part of our energy future. But sadly the 3 accidents at plants scared the literal crap out of people. And we can not ignore the environmental aspect of the spent rods either.

Which is why I think we need more investment in molten salt reactors, no melt downs and possibly less long term nuclear pollution.

An example being coal workers being laid off because of EPA regulations being much stricter, causing coal to be not profitable enough to use vs Natural gas.

I guess a big point of contention with the Obama admin, was the coal/energy regulations given the economic situation.

Like sd'sker said . . . it must be really hard trying to defend Mitt Romney. He's been for and against everything.

• Fire 1

You have no clue just how bad regulations have pretty much stopped Nuke plants from being built. Nuke plats have been in my family for years.

There are a large number of plants that are not getting built because of regulations.. that isn't just on BO though.

NIMBYism is the biggest hurdle to nuclear power.

(This coming from someone who wants more nuclear power.)

Well in my mind it does....that's enough right?

Ok this is how I would explain it from Mitts side. That Obama has made it harder (less profitable) for private business to hire more people and produce more goods/services to sell. By imposing various regulations on banks, energy companies, etc.

He would help create jobs in the private sector by reducing the governments red tape in some industries. Basically make it more profitable to hire and produce and easier to expand business.

Romney would say he created jobs, but really only created the environment for growth, rather than literally telling people to create jobs. In effect he created the jobs with his policies that helped foster growth.

sounds like semantics. that is precisely what obama is talking about when he says he created jobs. he is talking about the unemployment rate and the private sector, as well as the public.

Your are 100% right about it being semantics. Romney is saying that Obama thinks the government literally creates job, and then turns around and says his policies as president are going to create 12 million jobs. Sadly politicians do that all the time. Caricature the opponent as inept or scary, or stupid so people wont vote for them. It is why so many people vote against people, because we have preconceived notions of what a candidate is long before the candidate is ever allowed to speak directly to us.

An example being coal workers being laid off because of EPA regulations being much stricter, causing coal to be not profitable enough to use vs Natural gas.

I guess a big point of contention with the Obama admin, was the coal/energy regulations given the economic situation.

Like sd'sker said . . . it must be really hard trying to defend Mitt Romney. He's been for and against everything.

Not sure where your going with that. Romney shut down a plant that was a hazard. They had time to clean up and didn't. Not sure the connection with my posts.

Not sure where your going with that. Romney shut down a plant that was a hazard. They had time to clean up and didn't. Not sure the connection with my posts.

The bold is exactly where I'm going with that. Look at your first quote in this quote tree.

Coal jobs are being cut because companies can no longer afford the regulations that are putting pushed against the industry. My argument was that it could have been in a more economical way with a more sloped approach. I am not Romney.

Saw this on another site and thought it would be good here.. since we have some staunch Obama backers.

http://economywatch....atest-week?lite

By NBC News staff and wire reports

The number of Americans filing for unemployment benefits leapt to the highest level in four months in the latest week, erasing the large drop reported last week and then some.

further down we see this..

Last week, California reported a large drop in applications, pushing down the overall figure to the lowest since February 2008. This week, it reported a significant increase as it processed applications delayed from the previous week.

coincidence California delayed them until after the debates?

I find it truly hilarious how the narrative changes.

Good stuff. Thank you un-biased non-Romney backer huskerXman.

And you wonder why no one wants to debate you. respond to the comment, you don't need to attack the poster.

Agree Ziggy...I learned it's not worth it. Some of these cats are out of touch with reality. Truth is...you can pick them out right away. Look at the "attack" response time to any post. They don't work...they sit on Husker Board all day long and troll it. Look at the posters who are always on here with a bunch of time on their hands to dig up "facts" or debunk anything they disagree with. We all like to stop by and visit but to actually sit on here all day long and attack every not left wing Obama loving poster is just sad.

Apologize to you Knapplc I know you are a 100....but go rake some leaves and take a chill pill folks. At the end of the day we are all going to stand behind whomever is elected. We all cheer for the same Big Red team and want to see this country prosper. Go Big Red and God Bless America...I have to go drum up some work.