Husker Psychology

That's pretty weak for a ban, especially considering the amount of stuff I've seen this season that hasn't even been touched. You guys might want to work on some form of consistency.

First, it's a suspension, not a ban.

I can't say that we can get every rule-breaking post, but use of the 'report' function really helps with our coverage.

What isn't debatable is whether a post telling another user to "F off" is acceptable. It's not.

We're often lenient and understanding after games where people have a need to vent and let off steam. But that doesn't extend to going off on other users, regardless of reason. We've used warnings before, and the level of personal attacks this season has stepped up. We're going to set the tone here to let everyone know that isn't OK. Feel free to take it up in 'Board Feedback', or to PM us. Thanks!

Kansas St is the beneficiary of a situation in the Big 12 that is only the fault of all the other teams. Play formidable defense and put some points on the board. Bo nearly won 2 conference titles with that philosophy. That conference is pitiful when it comes to defense. Texas and Baylor tonight? It was a basketball game in shoulder pads.

beneficiary of what ?and big 12 defense is pitiful? the big 12 has how many teams in the top 25? and at this rate, K state is going to be playing for a national championship. we couldnt be further away. the B1G blows, and we are a helter skelter team...k state would be shredding this conference right now.

Kansas St is the beneficiary of a situation in the Big 12 that is only the fault of all the other teams. Play formidable defense and put some points on the board. Bo nearly won 2 conference titles with that philosophy. That conference is pitiful when it comes to defense. Texas and Baylor tonight? It was a basketball game in shoulder pads.

beneficiary of what ?and big 12 defense is pitiful? the big 12 has how many teams in the top 25? and at this rate, K state is going to be playing for a national championship. we couldnt be further away. the B1G blows, and we are a helter skelter team...k state would be shredding this conference right now.

Agree completely with that last statement. K-State isn't flashy by any means, but it is refreshing to see a team that is such a cohesive, disciplined and focused unit (yes, even if it is K-State). As far as I'm concerned, Snyder is coach of the year. Makes you wonder what things could've been like had we been able to bring back TO as coach rather than AD.

Texas Tech and Kansas St both shredded the fantastic and unbeatable Geno Smith and West Virginia. Why? They played some defense. The big12 is a joke on the defensive side of the ball. Not trying to say the Big 10 should be there instead, they shouldnt. But what I watch out of the Big 12 is garbage. It's not even football. The Baylor/Texas game? 42-31 at half? C'mon. The offenses aint that much more wideopen than anywhere else. Fact is Kansas St. is playing a style that is benefitting them in a defenseless conference. So it Texas Tech. Would Kstate be as successful in the Big 10? Probably. Would Kansas St. be as successful in the Big 12 if they scrapped defense and just tried to outscore everybody? No. How do you think Bo almost won 2 conference championships, and almost played for a 3rd? He played defense in a conference that doesnt believe in it anymore.

Texas Tech and Kansas St both shredded the fantastic and unbeatable Geno Smith and West Virginia. Why? They played some defense. The big12 is a joke on the defensive side of the ball. Not trying to say the Big 10 should be there instead, they shouldnt. But what I watch out of the Big 12 is garbage. It's not even football. The Baylor/Texas game? 42-31 at half? C'mon. The offenses aint that much more wideopen than anywhere else. Fact is Kansas St. is playing a style that is benefitting them in a defenseless conference. So it Texas Tech. Would Kstate be as successful in the Big 10? Probably. Would Kansas St. be as successful in the Big 12 if they scrapped defense and just tried to outscore everybody? No. How do you think Bo almost won 2 conference championships, and almost played for a 3rd? He played defense in a conference that doesnt believe in it anymore.

1. The big XII is a lot better football conference than the big 10, it has been for several years, you'd be stupid to argue that. 2. Bo played in the BIG XII north, which is one of the weakest divisions in colelge footballl. Colorado? Kansas? Missouri? Iowa state? Kansas State when snyder first started coaching again? Im pretty sure Nebraska lost to the southern schools and they also put up points against us, Oklahoma in the big xii championsihp, oklahoma state, we lucked out in not playing aginst RGIII, Texas Tech did decent against one of the best defense's nebraska's ever had.. Regardless, you Big XII is a better football conference than the big 10 unless youre a complete homer.

The only mindset i really didn't like was the lack of energy from the offense during the first half. There was no up tempo or trying to grind it out and keep Northwesterns defense moving and confused.

The worse one was during the Kenny Bell reverse. I saw it and thought "Why the hell is everyone jogging and not running full speed?!"

I was screaming this on more than one occasion during the game. Also, when Turner would run sideways and backward to get more yards. sometimes that works but most of the time they would be better off just running the damn ball and getting yards.

The only thing I know about the subject are the theories of Sigmund Freud. He theorized that the reason people make negative posts on sports forums pointing out the inconsequential is related to a shortcoming in sexual performance. Everything is fine for me in that department so I feel like I should stay positive. ;)

• Fire 1