New wrinkle for fans to be unveiled - towels for 50th sellout anniversary

So... anyone who was at the game - how underwhelming were these towels they handed out? Half the people didn't use them, and those who did, you couldn't hardly see them because it was a night game.

Plus these things must be the cheapest pieces of crap I've ever seen. I got a better Chicago Bears towel at Burger King up in Schaumburg a few years ago.

Yea, that was a pretty weak promo. White would have been a lot better for a night game, and the towels are junk.

I wasnt expecting them to buy 70,000 crystal-fringed, fine dining wraps. I used mine. We get into our seats abotu 45 minutes prior to kickoff. Old couple comes up, sits in front of us. I ask "Did you folks get your towels" All I got was a stare from the lady, and the old man, grumpily, says "What do I want on of them for?" This why this potentially nead stuff will never take off here. Grumps like this. I just looked at my wife and said "oh lord, here we go", loud enough to make sure they heard me. No, they didnt stand once during a game. And it was obvious they did not enjoy being there. SERIOUSLY, IF YOU DONT WANT TO GO, GIVE YOUR TICKETS TO SOMEONE ELSE.

On a side note, behind us and to the side sat this gal, she had to be 80 at the very youngest. How she got in there I'll never know. She was at the first sellout in 62, and was talking about how she hadnt been to a game inf 5 years or so because she just couldnt get around anymore. She hadnt missed one home game until that point. She was dragged there by her kids. She was wrapped up in a blanket, getting stood up by her son. She would yell, "stand me up, the blackshirts are out there" She was yellin and having a grand old time. She's the kind of fan that makes this place go. I commend her. She became very emotional during the video tribute to the 50 years of sellouts.

• Fire 2