BCS rankings

Its the BCS. Thats all lol

But their two losses was to us (NR) and very good Oregon State (#7) team. I can see it, even though we beat them. I am just glad to see Meechicken on there! Now when/if we win on Saturday, we will break top 25.

We would be ranked if we didn't lose to a NR UCLA team, but it is what it is. I personally don't believe we should be top 25 either, at least at this time.

Margin of victory has absolutely no factor in the computer ratings, by edict from the BCS. If it did, we'd really get dinged for that Ohio St game.

Still, I don't see any wins that should put them above us. The computers still don't have that much data to work with. Plenty of season left to level it out. But they are ahead in both human polls as well. My only explanation is that voters don't put that much thought in it once they get into the 20s.

CBS puts out the full BCS rankings, and show us at 27.

At least there shouldn't be any whining about no Big 10 teams, with 2 in the top 25.

Could someone explain to me how Wisconsin could be ranked? Look at their schedule and their margins of victory and loss.

Does it really matter, BCS is nothing more then contrivied junk, it seems to get worse every year as new algorithims are added. Even the teams that are normally warm ups for major divisions get ranked by beating other warm up teams. Really this goes for other ranking systems as well.

Do we get the shaft in the BCS rankings since we lost to a team that can't be ranked (Ohio State), and therefore don't receive the boost in SOS and little bonus for losing to a quality opponent? Not that we should be ranked, just curious if the Ohio State situation affects our rating at all.

No its because we lost to a mediocre UCLA team. OSU is ranked in the AP, but Oregon State is ranked higher than OSU, giving Wisky the upper hand on us. Basically they lost tougher games than we did.

Do we get the shaft in the BCS rankings since we lost to a team that can't be ranked (Ohio State), and therefore don't receive the boost in SOS and little bonus for losing to a quality opponent? Not that we should be ranked, just curious if the Ohio State situation affects our rating at all.

No, someone asked that last week, and all of the computers rank Ohio St along with everyone else, and then toss them out at the end and everyone below them slides up a notch. So we get "credit" for losing to a top 10 team.

After our last two games we should be spending our time cleaning up our side of the street instead of this kind of thing..

Nobody where I live will let me practice tackling on them, so I've got time to look at rankings.

Could someone explain to me how Wisconsin could be ranked? Look at their schedule and their margins of victory and loss.

After our last two games we should be spending our time cleaning up our side of the street instead of this kind of thing..

Because we are coaches and have any power to do this? I don't think you understand what the meaning of a forum is.

BCS ranking are 100% irrelevant until after all regular season and conference championship games are played anyway. Jesse Palmer had the best description Ive heard of BCS ranking at this point, that theyre like going to a factory to pick out a new car only to find one missing the fenders, tires and interior. It's not a finished product yet, and we have no ideal what exactly what that will be. These standings were designed to pick the top 2 teams AFTER the regular season, not the #23 rated team after week 8. Just my opinion. I hate the BCS standings by the way. Cant wait for playoffs to expand to 8 teams at the least.

I agree with what you all are saying. I know they're not important; I was just surprised. We're both 5-2, and we beat them on the field, and they edged N.Iowa, Utah St., and UTEP.

Those 3 games they also had a different starter in. Since Stave has started, they are undefeated with the exception of us, and are winning at a larger margin than we are.

I agree with what you all are saying. I know they're not important; I was just surprised. We're both 5-2, and we beat them on the field, and they edged N.Iowa, Utah St., and UTEP.

Those 3 games they also had a different starter in. Since Stave has started, they are undefeated with the exception of us, and are winning at a larger margin than we are.

But they played purdue, Minny, and illinois. While we have played OSU, Northwestern and Had a bye. And most importantly we beat them head to head.

Does it really matter, BCS is nothing more then contrivied junk, it seems to get worse every year as new algorithims are added. Even the teams that are normally warm ups for major divisions get ranked by beating other warm up teams. Really this goes for other ranking systems as well.

Contrived? New algorithms?