Legendary Husker Football Season Tickets

Ok, here is the situation, and I cant seem to get a straight answer from my family because I honestly think they dont know. My family has had Cornhuskers season tickets since 1958. My Grandfather, who is 91 now, is the owner. For quite some time, however, he has been unable to attend games and the tickets have been managed by my mom and her 3 siblings, who themselves are in their 60's. I have realized that, as one of 14 grown grandchildren with kids of our own, that very soon, in only a generation or so, that the real possibility exists that my say wont mean much and it will be increasingly hard to go to games using these tickets. The tickets, officially, will be transferred to the oldest child, my moms older brother, who is 70.

Thats the backstory. Heres the deal, I have decided to try my lot at landing my own pair or 4 of season tickets. I am aware of the legendary sellout streak. I know the new east stadium expansion area will add 6,000 seats. I contacted the Huskers ticket office and was basically told that if I pledge a donation match OVER the expected donation match for the new east stadium expansion area($250/seat for the first 2 rows, $150/seat for the rest), that I would be in good shape for season tickets. Obviously renewal rates factor into landing new season tickets AS WELL AS donation match. This morning, I pledged OVER the expected donation amount in hopes of landing 2013 season tickets.

My question, to all who have endured this long post, is how realistic is it to land Nebraska season tickets, especially pledging a donation ABOVE the expected rate? Can I get my hopes up, or, no matter what I pledge, I probably wont get them. Any input would be wonderful! Thanks!!

The only input I can give, is it will be tough and cross your fingers! There are a ton of people wanting them, but it comes down to money. Some have it, some don't. I am sure a lot of people put a bid in, just over the donation match. If you donated a considerate amount over, your chances are good.

This is what I was informed by a season ticket holder. Who knows if she knows what she is talking about, as she inherited hers, as she didn't have to start fresh like yourself.

• Fire 2

If you want to avoid the donation, you can find tickets for every home game. Me and the wife could make every home game if we wanted. Sure it would be a lot less stressful to know you have them, but to me there would also be the issue of getting rid of them if you decide not to go. It allows us to pick and choose. Then there's also the issue of seats. I'm afraid that getting season tickets would land me in a bad spot next to some grump blue hair or drunk a-hole. Buying tickets like we do allows us to move spot to spot game by game. Then of course there are the tickethippo's and stubhub's of the world if you really get desparate for a game you want to go to, you can pay the extra.

A question from me (not to rob the thread) is is it possible to get ahold of a parking pass at say Haymarket, or any of the lots for that matter, without having season tickets? We got a Lot 20 pass for Saturday's game and really like knowing we could show up at anytime and have a spot as compared to parking in the North Bottoms like we always do. Not to mention the walk back after the game was a lot quicker than the bottleneck that occures on the 10 st pedestrian bridge.

• Fire 1

I pledged a donation of almost double a seat specifically for the new east stadium expansion area. I basically told them I didnt care where the seats were, that I just wanted them. My grandfathers Husker season tickets are the Holy Grail of our family, and I am fortunetly in a position finacially to be able to pledge a donation of almost double what is expected in that area(Again, $250/seat for first 2 rows, $150/seat for rows 3 and back).

Speaking from limited experience, I put in for season tickets for the 2011 season above the expected donation pledge and did not get tickets. I put in for about $100 over the expected and got skunked. That being said, I put in again for this season at the same level as last year, fully not expecting to get them. I did however get them for this season. My thoughts were that last year, being the first year in the Big 10 the donations were higher for people hoping to see history and to get tickets and this season was back to old donation levels. I wouldn't get your hopes up but with the new seats being added to East and putting in above the expected rate, I would say your chances are decent.

On a side note, I have been on the waiting list of the East Stadium Expansion since it has been available and am hoping to land some of those tickets in addition to the one's I already have. We split the tickets with my in-laws this year and they want them for the whole season as do I so hopefully I will be able to get the East tickets in addition to the south tickets so we can all go to all the games.

• Fire 1

I would expect that if you pledge above the minimum expected amount, you'd be in good shape. I'm sure they will try to get as much money as possible for the seats - that would only make sense. It sounds like they're expecting to be able to get $250 per seat for the first couple rows and $150 for the rest. However, if they get enough people willing to pay $250, that two row will become three, and so on.

It would seem to me that the only way you'd be in trouble is if there are enough people willing to pay $250 or more to fill up all the seats. In that case, none of the $150 people would get tickets and on it goes.

I put in for season tickets for the first time this year. I looked at the map of where different donations get you in the stadium, picked an amount I was comfortable will and hoped that would get me some seats if they came available. I was in luck this time. Best of luck to you.

• Fire 1

I would expect that if you pledge above the minimum expected amount, you'd be in good shape. I'm sure they will try to get as much money as possible for the seats - that would only make sense. It sounds like they're expecting to be able to get $250 per seat for the first couple rows and $150 for the rest. However, if they get enough people willing to pay $250, that two row will become three, and so on.

It would seem to me that the only way you'd be in trouble is if there are enough people willing to pay $250 or more to fill up all the seats. In that case, none of the $150 people would get tickets and on it goes.

I put in for season tickets for the first time this year. I looked at the map of where different donations get you in the stadium, picked an amount I was comfortable will and hoped that would get me some seats if they came available. I was in luck this time. Best of luck to you.

Thanks Mavric, I put in for $400/seat. I'm hoping that will do. I told them 4 seats, but if only 2 were available, I would take that too.

If you want to avoid the donation, you can find tickets for every home game. Me and the wife could make every home game if we wanted. Sure it would be a lot less stressful to know you have them, but to me there would also be the issue of getting rid of them if you decide not to go. It allows us to pick and choose. Then there's also the issue of seats. I'm afraid that getting season tickets would land me in a bad spot next to some grump blue hair or drunk a-hole. Buying tickets like we do allows us to move spot to spot game by game. Then of course there are the tickethippo's and stubhub's of the world if you really get desparate for a game you want to go to, you can pay the extra.

A question from me (not to rob the thread) is is it possible to get ahold of a parking pass at say Haymarket, or any of the lots for that matter, without having season tickets? We got a Lot 20 pass for Saturday's game and really like knowing we could show up at anytime and have a spot as compared to parking in the North Bottoms like we always do. Not to mention the walk back after the game was a lot quicker than the bottleneck that occures on the 10 st pedestrian bridge.

That is where we park. You can't get season parking passes unless you are a season ticket holder.

You do have two options though.

1. They have about 100 parking passes for sale each game. They are $25 first come first serve.

2. If you know anyone that has season tickets, they are allowed to purchase two sets of parking passes. If they only buy 1 set for themselves, you could pay them upfront to get you the second set.

• Fire 1

That is where we park. You can't get season parking passes unless you are a season ticket holder.

You do have two options though.

1. They have about 100 parking passes for sale each game. They are $25 first come first serve.

2. If you know anyone that has season tickets, they are allowed to purchase two sets of parking passes. If they only buy 1 set for themselves, you could pay them upfront to get you the second set.

Very good sir. Thank You.

Starting fresh is even harder because the donations accrue over time. I.e. donate 500 this year and 500 next year puts you at 1000 when they are looking through their lists. If you want them quickly it is going to hurt but then you are ahead of the curve. You can get them by putting in the minimum every year and waiting until it is enough but a season ticket layaway plan doesn't sound like much fun to me.