Lattimore's injury impact on the CFB playoff scheme

Fuzzy

http://sports.yahoo....-is-enough.html

What do you guys think?

Should an injury like Lattimore's raise concerns to slim down the 8 team playoff to a 4 team playoff? Or is this guy just blowing smoke to try and start a fire?

For the record, the playoff will only be 4 teams next year.

I wish it didn't have to be this way, but the plain and simple fact is that injuries are a part of any sport, especially football due to its violent nature. I'm a part of the group that has the opinion that when people choose to play football, they ultimately accept the risk of long-term injuries such as this, or serious head injuries. It's the way it always has been.

Today, players are continuously getting bigger, faster, and stronger. It's natural that more injuries will take place when this is the case.

In my mind at least, this injury has zero effect on the playoff situation. I think it is inevitable that someday (maybe 20 years down the road) the playoff will consist of 16 teams. I really don't want to see it that big (I'd rather have a 6 or 8 team playoff consisting of conference champions only) but I think that the majority of spectators want it to get to that someday.