over/under on Eric Martin

2.5 of those came against Idaho St. I don't see another one of those on schedule.

Someone hasn't been watching Iowa football.

haha, only 2 full games. Their loss to Central Michigan, and the beat down the following week of a Minnesota team that at the time was undefeated and showing promise (having just beat Syracuse).

They went to MSU and won by 3 the following week, so lets see how we do this week. I think Iowa is a little more like us than we care to admit. Any give week a completely different team could show up than you expect.

knapp beat me to it. I read the question and the first thing that came to my mind was "Vandenberg."

I'll be a little over optimistic potentially with my estimate. I think he can notch thirteen and a half. I just feel like the guy lives to hit like some people live to hunt. I think it's just an intrinsic part of his personality, and things are finally, finally clicking for him outside of limited special team appearences. He's like an obsessed card collector who just stumbled onto the greatest cache of rare, old cards ever found. He isn't going to let the opportunity to light people up go to waste, because I think he just loves contact.

I predict he'll deliver a crushing sack in one of our remaining games that will be one of the highlights of the season. I love watching the guy play. He's a mean SOB...has the exact mentality I like to see in a guy donning a Blackshirt.

Vandenberg was sacked four times by Penn State, the only conference team they've played that has similar sack rates to Nebraska (we lead the B1G in sacks per game at 3.0). Eric Martin leads the B1G in sacks.

Iowa just lost their starting left tackle and a guard for the season. Bringing in the backups against the Caveman doesn't bode well for Vandenberg. If I'm Papuchis, I throw the kitchen sink at him and see if he can survive four quarters.

I predict he'll deliver a crushing sack in one of our remaining games that will be one of the highlights of the season. I love watching the guy play. He's a mean SOB...has the exact mentality I like to see in a guy donning a Blackshirt.

That sack Teo had on Jones last weekend was awesome. Haven't seen anything as great as that since the infamous Suh Colt toss of 2009. Time for Martin to lay someone out in similar fashion. Then again, he'd probably just be called for targeting.

2.5 of those came against Idaho St. I don't see another one of those on schedule.

Someone hasn't been watching Iowa football.

haha, only 2 full games. Their loss to Central Michigan, and the beat down the following week of a Minnesota team that at the time was undefeated and showing promise (having just beat Syracuse).

They went to MSU and won by 3 the following week, so lets see how we do this week. I think Iowa is a little more like us than we care to admit. Any give week a completely different team could show up than you expect.

Absolutely agree...Iowa's odd like that. You just never know what you'll get out of them. They look pretty pedestrian, but then they beat Michigan last year. They look about as efficient as my old grade school football team on offense, but then a FB transfer from Air Force starts at RB and they beat MSU. Those guys seem to win a game they shouldn't have a chance in on paper every year it seems like.

Still think we'll have a good shot at brutalizing Vandenberg though. He's the exact type of QB we seem to consistently terrorize.

That sack Teo had on Jones last weekend was awesome. Haven't seen anything as great as that since the infamous Suh Colt toss of 2009. Time for Martin to lay someone out. Then again, he'd probably just be called for targeting.

That Teo hit was awesome, but don't forget Crick against Keith Price last year. That may have been the best de-cleater I've seen in ten years.

• Fire 1

That sack Teo had on Jones last weekend was awesome. Haven't seen anything as great as that since the infamous Suh Colt toss of 2009. Time for Martin to lay someone out. Then again, he'd probably just be called for targeting.

Yeah, I gotta admit, that kid is a helluva player. I shouldn't acknowledge this but what the hell: I have always disliked Notre Dame, but I do feel like it's good for college football when they're relevant. I can't even really explain why, but I do.

Remember that Crick hit on Price last year, btw? That was a lost season for Jared, but good lord that was a savage hit. Even more remarkable was the way Price popped up off the field. I would have died on impact.

He'd need one per game to get to 10.5 in the regular season. That seems very possible to me. I'd go over.

Season record is 15. If we'd happen to get to the B1G Championship plus the bowl would be six games to get 8.5 more. Probably won't happen but if he gets a couple games with 2-2.5, you never know.