Voting in Florida

Shockingly, when the conservative members of this board spew endless derp about birth certificates, skewed polls, jobs/economy numbers and the reasons for them, voter fraud, blah blah blah, I'm not going to sit idly by and not debunk the derp. Truth is a wonderful thing, and truth is utterly necessary in a time like this. But we don't get truth from so many people - we get nonsense, generated in Republican far-right think tanks, disseminated by the mainstream media, and regurgitated unthinkingly by the masses. How many of those things that I've been railing against have turned out to be Rovian Spin? Have any been shown to be right?

You and I didn't talk in the Bush years. Had we, I suppose you would have thought I was Republican. I spent the majority of his time in office, up until about the last two years, defending him from the tinfoil hat nutters with their conspiracy theories and other utter garbage dreamt up for them by Democrat far-left think tanks, disseminated by the liberal media, and regurgitated unthinkingly by the masses. I defended that president against nuttery and I defended this president against nuttery. I'm not going to apologize for that, even though I have zero allegiance to either party.

It's a copout to simply state that no links you could provide would be convincing. You still should support your argument. If the only thing that supports it is right-wing nuttery... maybe that should be a clue that your argument is flawed, and not your audience.

Finally, I wholeheartedly agree that we need compromise and much reaching across the aisle. Let's hope we see this. It may be the last chance the Republicans have of reaching out to an America that, more and more, is not buying into their spin.

Fair enough. Like I stated, I'll take your word for it. That wasn't just a condescending comeback, I meant it. I simply intended to point out that the sheer number and gist of your posts appear to convey a lopsided bias which seem to favor one side over the other, much as I am sure mine do.

It may be my belief that people are basiclly the same, whether they are republican, democrat, or independent, that influences my opinion that things are probably never as lopsided as often portrayed. All of your examples of vote manipulation were instances of repubs doing it but no examples of dems doing it. I would hope you would be realistic enough to acknowledge that it happens both ways without me providing links. I'm sure this will be taken as some kind of copout but, that just isn't my style. My available time to post in these forums is limited and my SOP is simply to provide my opinion on things. In the end, I believe that is all we really have to offer in a format such as this. I appreciate when others provide links to back up their positions but I just don't want to commit that much time to this. I shouldn't be wasting my time commenting here right now but I like doing it so I spend the little time I can afford. I understand that not providing verifying links makes me susceptable to added scrutiny but I am usually content to simply make my point and let others decide if it has merit. I have never witnessed a person really change their mind on big political or religious issues so I just don't spend my time in that effort. I hope that makes some sense.

Now, back to work so that I can hopefully pay the bill for my $900 per month health insurance which has a $10,000 deductible before it kicks in.

Fair enough. Like I stated, I'll take your word for it. That wasn't just a condescending comeback, I meant it. I simply intended to point out that the sheer number and gist of your posts appear to convey a lopsided bias which seem to favor one side over the other, much as I am sure mine do.

And like I stated, the sole reason I have that "sheer number and gist" of posts is in direct correlation to the sheer number and gist of derp that is posted here. When the derp stops, I'll stop debunking it.