first trip to Iowa...Where to stay, what to do?

Alley

I lived in Omaha for 24 years of my life, just moved out to Des Moines a year ago, and both of these cities are basically the same. Nothing to really do, unless your in the bar scene or like to shop. Omaha is good for the CWS, and Iowa is good for its State Fair, found out this year, its not really kid friendly lol. What I hate about Iowa the most, is their .05/can tax! Ridiculous! lol

What is there to do in Iowa. Question for the ages.

Cause Nebraska is just a hub of activity?

The Omaha metro and its near 1 million people called, they say hi...

And outside of that and Lincoln....................what else is there......................right. Just find it funny that Nebraskans talk down to Iowans, granted I am a Husker fan, like there is so much to do in Nebraska. Both states are boring as hell!

I guess I am not sure what you consider "things to do". I grew up in a little town with 400 people in it and I now live in West Omaha. I am amazed that people think there is nothing to do here. I don't understand that at all.

What is there to do in Iowa. Question for the ages.

Cause Nebraska is just a hub of activity?

The Omaha metro and its near 1 million people called, they say hi...

And outside of that and Lincoln....................what else is there......................right. Just find it funny that Nebraskans talk down to Iowans, granted I am a Husker fan, like there is so much to do in Nebraska. Both states are boring as hell!

I guess I am not sure what you consider "things to do". I grew up in a little town with 400 people in it and I now live in West Omaha. I am amazed that people think there is nothing to do here. I don't understand that at all.

See I grew up in the Des Moines Metro Area and think there is nothing to do because I've been around it my whole life. I'd move in a heartbeat if the wife would let me, but she won't.

This will be our first trip to Iowa City. I'm not going to pay $350 to spend the night thursday at a iowa city hotel... Was thinking Cedar Rapids or Iowa 80 truck stop? Or is there anyplace close there Huskers tend to stay? What about bars to hit up or a place to eat on Thursday night in Iowa City?

I was there two weeks ago when Iowa was on the road. That town is dead when their is no game in town. At least Lincoln's bars have some people in them on away games. The amount of apathy shown by their "fans" is unbelievable. They don't act like they even care that they are getting their ass beat every week. Nobody mad when something bad happens, just ho hum.

They also had dogs in the bar, wearing sunglasses. Hippies everywhere like Boulder. It was eye-opening to say the least. Lot of strange birds there in Iowa City.

Deadwood?