Okay For Real...White Space/Line-Break Issues

Landlord

It's the gosh darned WYSIWIG editor. Switch between the WYSIWIG and the plain text (the light switch icon -- first one in the interface) and you should be able to sort of see what is going on. Enhance was harping on this a while ago and it's really both terrible, and defies explanation.

I haven't checked IP.Board's user site lately. Anyone take a gander at this to see if they've come up with a patch? We cannot be the only board laboring under this. There are half a dozen bizarro things the WYSIWYG editor does that irritate the heck out of me - like this paragraph thing, the fact that it inserts space between the first paragraph and the second when you wrap them in quotes, the fact that you can't copypasta charts into the WYSIWYG editor without the formatting going totally wonky.... I've learned to deal with these things,but frankly, they're a bear. Hate it.

You can work around this issue by using any symbol--say, a period (".")--followed by a carriage return ("ENTER") to provide vertical space. Then just change the color of the symbol to white (drop down menu to between font size and smiley emoticon symbol). You can also use this to add horizontal space, for example, between two embedded pictures.