Recover unsaved work

I worked for 2-3 hours on a paper yesterday, only to not be able to find today. I did recover the first page of it using the recover feature. But why isn't the full document here? What I recovered was the first page only autosaved at 1:38, but I added at least 2-3 more pages after that and quit around 3pm. I have autosave every 10 minutes checked. The only thing I can think is that I had about 8 different documents open and perhaps I mistakingly began to type into another document. Even if this did happen, it should be autosaved somewhere, right? How can I open everything that I looked at or changed yesterday only? I do remember a specific source I quoted, so I wonder if maybe I can search all documents that contain the source and some how find it that way?

Thanks

Cool feature this autosave or autoreovery thing. Didn't find it, but good info to know. Is this how the FBI tracks info? They say once you type something it is never ever deleted.

Nothing ever gets deleted because when you do a simple delete from windows, it's still there but removed from view. It will be there until the drive itself over rights that area where the "deleted" data resided(which normally doesn't happen anytime soon). If you want to remove data completely, you run a program from a boot cd that will go over the whole drive with 1's and 0's around 7-9 times and then data becomes so garbled it's no longer useful and unrepairable.

Disclaimer: DO NOT RUN THESE TYPES OF PROGRAMS, THEY WILL FORMAT YOUR ENTIRE DRIVE AND I HOLD NO RESPONSIBILITY IF YOU ATTEMPT TO USE THEM.

Cool feature this autosave or autoreovery thing. Didn't find it, but good info to know. Is this how the FBI tracks info? They say once you type something it is never ever deleted.

Nothing ever gets deleted because when you do a simple delete from windows, it's still there but removed from view. It will be there until the drive itself over rights that area where the "deleted" data resided(which normally doesn't happen anytime soon). If you want to remove data completely, you run a program from a boot cd that will go over the whole drive with 1's and 0's around 7-9 times and then data becomes so garbled it's no longer useful and unrepairable.

Disclaimer: DO NOT RUN THESE TYPES OF PROGRAMS, THEY WILL FORMAT YOUR ENTIRE DRIVE AND I HOLD NO RESPONSIBILITY IF YOU ATTEMPT TO USE THEM.

I will keep this in my "Oops, I really messed up and now I am on the run." cache

I will keep this in my "Oops, I really messed up and now I am on the run." cache

I have to use the disclaimer unfortunately. I informed a user I did work for how to do this and he did it on hiw own and then blamed me for his stupidity in formatting his hard drive and losing everything. He apparently thought it only over wrote what he deleted rather than everything on the drive.

I have to use the disclaimer unfortunately. I informed a user I did work for how to do this and he did it on hiw own and then blamed me for his stupidity in formatting his hard drive and losing everything. He apparently thought it only over wrote what he deleted rather than everything on the drive.

Sorry, I appreciate your help and I didn't mean to be sarcastic. Question that I have wondered when watching all my true crime shoes, when the FBI examines a computer, how do they effeciently look over every keystroke? Is it manpower or is there some special software.

Sorry, I appreciate your help and I didn't mean to be sarcastic. Question that I have wondered when watching all my true crime shoes, when the FBI examines a computer, how do they effeciently look over every keystroke? Is it manpower or is there some special software.

They install some sort of software that they have created with backdoors. I don't exactly what they use as i've never done or seen their forensics software. I also knew you weren't being sarcastic, just wanted you to know why i made the disclaimer.