Impressions: Iowa City

Bradr

You just screwed the whole post up with that last sentence.......................I think I threw up in my mouth, but then again I've lived here for 32 years and they aren't pleasant on a daily basis. Neither are the ISUcks fans...........I'll only root for Northern Iowa in the state.

I concur, the last sentence was something that all of us were not expecting. Being born and raised in Iowa, but growing up a Huskers fan, you really only grow up liking Northern Iowa.

I am from Iowa City and I LOVED having you guys in town. At Brothers and DC's, which are a couple of the more popular bars, were all red all weekend. Iowa City has never been taken over like that.

Iowa fans got a little chippy this weekend, I think they were a little offended. Go Big Red!

I get a kick out these situations. A little offended. It's no one's fault but their's. Use their tickets and dont sell'em, and it wouldnt happen.

Edit: sounds like I'm antagonizing you. I'm not. Just making a point.

I was pleasantly surprised with my experience.

Tailgated in a nice apartment complex parking lot. Was a great time. Very short 5 minute walk down a back alley to the the front of the stadium.

My only complaint, their stadium logistics are unbelievably bad. The one concourse layout is not good for that many people. For example, everyone enters in the one entrance and then either goes up 40+ rows to their seats or down 40 rows the their second row seats (humble brag). This makes for a clusterf*ck when people are exiting for halftime. Also, the bathrooms and main concessions are all right at that exit. No flow. Just awful stadium planning. Sorry, rant over. I actually like the feel with the brick stadium, pretty cool.

And, as mentioned, soooooooooooooooooo cold!