CFN Bowl Projections - Week 13

I dont think the bowls in the selection process precisely follow their rank vs rank systems. That's stuff's for video game. Bowl games typically care about the most lucrative matchup. I've heard this about the Outback Bowl as well, that if we lose, they will nab us, guaranteed.

Sure your conference didn't contract the picking order?

I'm sure there's a contracted picking order. But if a bowl has the "#2", they are not necassarily required to take the #2 team. Unless of course I'm wrong. That's the point i was making.

I would also think the bowls would be tempted to "move" fans around and avoid offering the same team year after year. the Cap One bowl may in fact prefer another fanbase considering we were there last year. I know Nebraska is a desirable draw for any bowl because we travel so well but I'm sure it also helps their attendance and ticket sales by trying for teams that haven't recently been there. I'm sure they also consider the "let down" and "excitement" factors. ie. Last year Cap One was the best we could've hoped for whereas this year it would be a consolation prize.