CFN Bowl Projections - Week 13

http://cfn.scout.com/2/557866.html

Rose - Wisconsin

Capital One - Huskers No Respect (SEC No. 2 vs. Big Ten No. 2)

Outback - Michigan (SEC No. 3 vs. Big Ten No. 3)

Gator - Northwestern (against SEC No. 6)

Heart of Dallas - Minnesota (Big 12 No. 6 vs. Big Ten No. 6)

Buffalo Wild Wings - Spartans (against Big 12 No. 4)

Meineke Car Care Bowl of Texas - Purdue (Big 12 No. 6 vs. Big Ten No. 6)

If Nebraska loses to Wisconsin then I see the Capital One bowl passing and the Outback Bowl picking Nebraska. Don't believe the Capital One Bowl will want Nebraska two years in a row and they are really wanting Michigan.

You think they'd rather have Northwestern?

If we lose, the Capitol One Bowl CANNOT choose Michigan.

If Nebraska loses to Wisconsin then I see the Capital One bowl passing and the Outback Bowl picking Nebraska. Don't believe the Capital One Bowl will want Nebraska two years in a row and they are really wanting Michigan.

You think they'd rather have Northwestern?

If we lose, the Capitol One Bowl CANNOT choose Michigan.

Yes, the Capital One Bowl can select Michigan over Nebraska. Michigan, right now only has 2 more loses than Nebraska, which is a requirement for the Capital One Bowl on who they can select. If Nebraska loses this Saturday they will only have one fewer loss than Michigan.

Capital One Bowl twitter:

Capital One Bowl@CapitalOneBowl

We have received clarification from the Big Ten office: if Nebraska loses the B1G CG, Michigan may still mathematically be an option for us.

Michigan at 8-4 would be within one loss of Nebraska at 10-3. Contract is wins OR losses. H/T to @brettkurkland for prompting clarification.

To restate it clearly: if Wisconsin wins the Big Ten, we'd have a pick of Nebraska (10-3), Northwestern (9-3) and potentially Michigan (8-4)

No. They CANNOT.

Yes, you have that rule correct. You fail to mention, they cannot select a team with two less wins. Nebraska is 10-2. Michigan is 8-4.

To your credit, the Capitol One Bowl Twitter account was also wrong. I think they have since recanted those tweets.

After checking with the Big Ten office, I can confirm the following:

• Both the Capital One and Outback bowls cannot select a Big Ten team with two fewer wins or two more losses than another eligible Big Ten team.

Therefore, if Nebraska loses to Wisconsin in Saturday's Big Ten championship game, the Capital One Bowl could only select Nebraska (10-3) or Northwestern (9-3). Michigan would not be eligible because it has two fewer wins than Nebraska.

http://espn.go.com/b...back-selections

No. They CANNOT.

Yes, you have that rule correct. You fail to mention, they cannot select a team with two less wins. Nebraska is 10-2. Michigan is 8-4.

To your credit, the Capitol One Bowl Twitter account was also wrong. I think they have since recanted those tweets.

After checking with the Big Ten office, I can confirm the following:

• Both the Capital One and Outback bowls cannot select a Big Ten team with two fewer wins or two more losses than another eligible Big Ten team.

Therefore, if Nebraska loses to Wisconsin in Saturday's Big Ten championship game, the Capital One Bowl could only select Nebraska (10-3) or Northwestern (9-3). Michigan would not be eligible because it has two fewer wins than Nebraska.

http://espn.go.com/b...back-selections

Ah, thanks for posting that link. I was reading the Capital One bowl's twitter feed yesterday and those tweets that I posted was what I read. Thanks for clarifying. :D