UGA glad to be playing a traditional football power

Welcome Dawg!! Nice to have you post. I respect your coach VERY much. One of whom some say what used to be said of Dr. Tom, to wit: " He can't win the big one." You support one heckuva a team and I hope we can keep it interesting. We've got a puzzle on our hands for dad gum certain. Seems to me there is some sort of psychological barrier or complex present in the team--mainly defense.

Thanks. Our people don't realize how lucky we have it with Richt. Our fans see that he has struggled against top ten opponents the last five years or so and discount the fact that he is the 2nd winningest coach in the SEC after a 12 year career and the 4th winningest coach in the NCAA right now. The fact that we hadn't won a SEC championship or even played in the title game for 20 years escapes them. We have now played in 5 out of the last 12 with UT, UF and USCe in our division. That's not too shabby. Our fans see that 5 other teams in the SEC have won national championships since we last did and it is tough to stomach. However, have beaten some of our main rivals ( UF-2 game winning streak, UT 3 win streak, Auburn 6-1 the last 7 years and on a two year winning streak, GT 11-1 and a 4 game winning streak.) We are on a 3 game losing streak to USCe, but that is a real aberation in our series history. I really don't know who we would find that could do a better job than Coach Richt.

If I were Nebraska and the Pelini thing didn't work out in the long term, they should go after Richt. He is pretty much a carbon copy of Tom Osborne as far as class and ethics go. He would be a perfect fit at a school like Nebraska.

Oh man, I'd love to have Richt coaching at Nebraska. He has proven that he can win in the toughest conference in college football, and as you mentioned, he's very similar to T.O. There aren't a whole lot of coaches I'd want instead of Bo Pelini, but in the unlikely scenario that we have an opportunity to hire Mark Richt anytime within the next few years, we need to get him.

Coach Richf has underachieved at a school like Georgia. Sorry, but if we were a stat with that much HS football talent and one state away from the speed state, if we weren't in the top 5 every single year it would be unacceptable.

Thing is, for a school like Georgia that hasn't established itself as a "dynasty", it's more difficult to recruit than some may realize, because you're competing with schools like Alabama, Florida, LSU, etc. Teams that have played for, if not won, multiple national championships within the past few years. Georgia came within a few yards of playing for a title themselves on Saturday night. I don't think that's underachieving.

So, we are excusing Georgia for the same reasons we rip our staff in terms of recruiting??

Another UGA fan here. Really excited about this matchup. I've always kinda liked the Huskers and hope one day we do a home-and-home series. It's an honor to play a program with this kind of history and tradition. Hopefully we actually show up unlike our last 2 bowls..

Another UGA fan here. Really excited about this matchup. I've always kinda liked the Huskers and hope one day we do a home-and-home series. It's an honor to play a program with this kind of history and tradition. Hopefully we actually show up unlike our last 2 bowls..

worry not... UGa need not show up except in skeletal form to trounce the Huskers. NU is indeed a team of great history and tradition... but is currently a program in shambles. What you Georgia fans will see in the bowl is a team with a red "N" on their helmets... but the only resemblance that this squad bears to the Nebraska football program of history and tradition (the NU teams of the 70's, 80's. and 90's) is the uniform... nothing else.

worry not... UGa need not show up except in skeletal form to trounce the Huskers. NU is indeed a team of great history and tradition... but is currently a program in shambles. What you Georgia fans will see in the bowl is a team with a red "N" on their helmets... but the only resemblance that this squad bears to the Nebraska football program of history and tradition (the NU teams of the 70's, 80's. and 90's) is the uniform... nothing else.

Sorry for the negativity Georgia Fans. I guess that loss against Wisconsin makes our program in shambles? That is just an angry fan who can't take a loss lightly and thinks its the end of the world, but I guess we all have them, don't we?

Welcome to the forum AmeliaIslandDawg and Dawg to the Bone. Its always nice to have an outside perspective, as many can be blind on whats good and/or bad. I think we will bounce back. I am not going to say we are going to win or lose, because you honestly never know. Georgia has fell on their face the past couple bowl games, and so has Nebraska. Two flat teams on the 1st maybe? Kidding, kidding lol. I am hoping for a good game and both teams play to their true potentials. If this happens, you could see a close game.

May the best team win!

Sorry for the negativity Georgia Fans. I guess that loss against Wisconsin makes our program in shambles? That is just an angry fan who can't take a loss lightly and thinks its the end of the world, but I guess we all have them, don't we?

Welcome to the forum AmeliaIslandDawg and Dawg to the Bone. Its always nice to have an outside perspective, as many can be blind on whats good and/or bad. I think we will bounce back. I am not going to say we are going to win or lose, because you honestly never know. Georgia has fell on their face the past couple bowl games, and so has Nebraska. Two flat teams on the 1st maybe? Kidding, kidding lol. I am hoping for a good game and both teams play to their true potentials. If this happens, you could see a close game.

May the best team win!

naw... not angry and no--- it is far from the end of the world... More to the point is that it is more fun talk Husker football than it is to work (which are the two options at the moment).

Anyway... to assert that the NU program is in a shambles is objectively reasonable... a) the program has made little or no strides in the past three years, b) the program will again end the season just outside of or barely inside the top 25, c) the national media has been and continue to be all over the HC's behavior, d) the local press has been all over the HC and his assistants in terms of their performance, d) the assistant coaching carousel has been very active, e) the record against conference competition has been mediocre, f) the clear and obvious coaching problems (penalties, poor mechanics, bad schemes, being out coached in adjustments) are continuing, g) against ranked opponents (and even some unranked) the team has been getting trounced, and h) many are calling for a reassessment of the coaching staff 9either in part or entirely). If a shambles is the opposite of stability/progress... then a shambles is an adequate descriptor.

Perhaps one takes exception at the term "shambles" --- and I can see why. It is clear that there are some 50 or so programs that wished they were in the shambles that NU is in --- but the point is that NU history has been such that the expectations here are a program that is a legit top 10 finisher 1/3 to 1/2 the seasons and a top 20 the rest... against that standard... this program is far, far, far off the mark and given that so much is tied to coaching issues and distractions like we have seen... well calling the program a shambles is reasonable.

As a Georgia fan, I am happy to be playing a storied program full of rich tradition with possibly the best fans in college football. It's great to have a fan base that is passionate and supportive about their team, but civil and respectful of other teams and traditions at the same time. I know our fans will have a great time together.

As far the game, I know UGA had a strong showing against Bama and have the ability to be very strong. However, they also have the ability to play flat. I know that recently in Bowl games we haven't shown up the way we should. I think there is also the chance that the UGA team is still suffering from the disappointment of not making the National Championship game and might not be as inspired. Nebraska is the team that has nothing to lose.

I do appreciate you guys giving us the chance to even the series after the complete drubbing you guys gave us in 1969.

I look forward to the match-up. Just think, we could be playing Northern Illinois.

I completely agree.. It should be a good game and in a great location. I'll be there!

naw... not angry and no--- it is far from the end of the world... More to the point is that it is more fun talk Husker football than it is to work (which are the two options at the moment).

Anyway... to assert that the NU program is in a shambles is objectively reasonable... a) the program has made little or no strides in the past three years, b) the program will again end the season just outside of or barely inside the top 25, c) the national media has been and continue to be all over the HC's behavior, d) the local press has been all over the HC and his assistants in terms of their performance, d) the assistant coaching carousel has been very active, e) the record against conference competition has been mediocre, f) the clear and obvious coaching problems (penalties, poor mechanics, bad schemes, being out coached in adjustments) are continuing, g) against ranked opponents (and even some unranked) the team has been getting trounced, and h) many are calling for a reassessment of the coaching staff 9either in part or entirely). If a shambles is the opposite of stability/progress... then a shambles is an adequate descriptor.

Perhaps one takes exception at the term "shambles" --- and I can see why. It is clear that there are some 50 or so programs that wished they were in the shambles that NU is in --- but the point is that NU history has been such that the expectations here are a program that is a legit top 10 finisher 1/3 to 1/2 the seasons and a top 20 the rest... against that standard... this program is far, far, far off the mark and given that so much is tied to coaching issues and distractions like we have seen... well calling the program a shambles is reasonable.

A) Yes it has, maybe not defensively, but offensively we are much better than the last 5 years under Bo

B) The ride was fun while it lasted, but with a UGA win, we could end up top 15. I am not counting us out until the final score says we lose.

C) Bo's behavior has been fine. I could care less, as well with many other fans, on how the media views Bo. They are waiting because that is what they get paid for. Being drama queens and making things worse than what it really is.

D) Whats new? They did this with TO, Solich and Clownahan.

D) {you have two of these you drunk?} We have a newer HC who is still feeling around for what is best. This is expected.

E) 14/19 in the Big 10, 17/26 in the Big 12. Including conference championships.

F) This comes when you have young coaches. Offensively Beck is getting better. Defense has issues, but Coach K doesn't have the guys he needs to make our Dline great. Pap probably isn't the perfect guy for the job, but its his first year. Tons of pressure on him.

G) Trounced? Please explain, because we are 10-3 this year.

H) After every loss, people are asking for coach firings. Hell even when we win it happens, mainly because we didn't have enough "style" points

I) Phew... good you don't have one lol

Far from shambles. Issues yes.

you ask... Trounced? Please explain, because we are 10-3 this year --- my post said that against ranked opponents we are getting trounced... and that is precisely the case... both this year and last. And against some unranked foes too... like Wisconsin this year.

your point F --- you say this comes when you have young coaches... agreed... that is why NU should not have young inexperienced coaches.

And I do have an I) now... I) NU has been horrible at coaching hires over the past decade plus... both with HC and assistants (generally)

First off all UGA fans welcome to the board. Nice to play someone with a classy fan base like you guys. Hope you have a good time at the game if you're going.

Georgia fan here. We'll talk some football with you and maybe make some new friends. The Georgia board we are on is vicious at times. There are some rabid Richt-haters there but most realize what a great man and a fine coach we have.