UGA vs UN, A c$%k's Perspective

If we lose 34-27 it'll be a good day.

If our defense has the performance of a lifetime, holds Georgia to 300 yards of offense, but on offense we turn it over 5 times and commit a dozen penalties, hence putting our D in bad spots all day, and lose 34-27, this board and the fanbase will be polishing the pitchforks. Just sayin a 34-27 loss would be a good is pretty vague.

There are a lot of idiots, that's no surprise. Losing to one of the five best teams in the country by 7 points, no matter how it's done, would be a good performance by this Nebraska team.

I want them to win. I think it's possible. But I also think losing by a touchdown, no matter how we get it done, would sit fine with me in the long run (as long as we didn't play to just keep it close...they should always be playing to win, that's just a given).

So it's really not vague at all. It is, in fact, very specific.

the problem is that this game can only end badly, in my opinion. bowl losses mean a lot more than bowl wins. unless we curb-stomp the dawgs, this game will not be very meaningful in a good way.

we lose big, it is another knock on bo. we win, georgia came in defeated and uninterested. also, unless it is a bcs game, and even then, people's memories of bowl games are shorter than kim kardashian's marriage. anyone's perception of either team change after tcu beat wiscy?

the problem is that this game can only end badly, in my opinion. bowl losses mean a lot more than bowl wins.

I respectfully disagree. A win for Nebraska, by any margin, would be huge!

It would be great for recruiting. It would be great for the B1G. It would be great for the state of Nebraska football. Most importantly, it would be great to get some of the haters off of this site.

It could only end badly for the SEC (and ESPN).

the problem is that this game can only end badly, in my opinion. bowl losses mean a lot more than bowl wins.

I respectfully disagree. A win for Nebraska, by any margin, would be huge!

It would be great for recruiting. It would be great for the B1G. It would be great for the state of Nebraska football. Most importantly, it would be great to get some of the haters off of this site.

It could only end badly for the SEC (and ESPN).

you might be right. i was speaking more to national perception, but you are right about recruiting and the B1G needs all the wins it can get against the sec. also, the board needs this win and i need an explanation as to why i will be drunk two days in a row.

i respectfully agree and withdraw my previous post.

Most importantly, it would be great to get some of the haters off of this site.

That's what's most important to you?

I'd say there's about as many posts of people complaining about other people complaining. Your own opinion should be the only one that matters. At least that's how it works for me.

Most importantly, it would be great to get some of the haters off of this site.

That's what's most important to you?

I'd say there's about as many posts of people complaining about other people complaining. Your own opinion should be the only one that matters. At least that's how it works for me.

except in this instance.

Correct. :)

Just making a general point though about the self-proclaimed cheerleaders (not referring to Q_Many necessarily) that fondly announce their fan-dom superiority in such a way.

yeah, but the board gets pretty awful after losses. i think that was his point. it would be nice to avoid 9 mos. of pointless bickering over replacements and t-mart value to the team.

If we lose 34-27 it'll be a good day.

I'll say. That would be a great showing for the Huskers to play Georgia that close. Actually, such a result would be something to build upon for next year and would play well with potential recruits... we could easily sell "look just shy of one touchdown short against an SEC heavyweight..." But....

I seriously doubt we play Georgia anywhere near that close. As I posted elsewhere, I doubt Georgia gets up for this game at all... they will sleepwalk through this one and treat it as glorified practice of a sort. That said, some of their draftable players will want to make a personal showing... so that plays against us in that sense. So... I see Georgia loafing for the most part, substituting early and often, and being pretty chill.. and thus not hanging a 5-7 TD beating upon us (as, I think, they readily could if they wanted to)..

So I see Georgia scoring somewhere between say 34 -49 points and the Huskers somewhere between 14 - 28 points, so, taking a middle of the range predicted score... I call it Georgia 42, Huskers 21.

But, if as you say the Huskers can play closer, near a touchdown differential... that would be encouraging.

Correct. :)

Just making a general point though about the self-proclaimed cheerleaders (not referring to Q_Many necessarily) that fondly announce their fan-dom superiority in such a way.

yeah, but the board gets pretty awful after losses. i think that was his point. it would be nice to avoid 9 mos. of pointless bickering over replacements and t-mart value to the team.

I think the board gets awful after losses against teams that the majority of the board thought we would beat going in --- and in games where we did not just get beat but got obliterated. I do not expect this board to go ballistic at all, even remotely, after the Georgia loss. Everyone, or nearly everyone, expects a loss to Georgia. As such, unless Georgia hangs a 5-7 touchdown differential on us (which I doubt they will do) pretty much expect the board to be fairly calm. If, as I predict, it is somewhere along the line of a 42-21 loss, most people here will likely be.."yeah, pretty much what was expected" and move on. If the Huskers do better than that, the board likely will be fairly positive. In any event, few will likely go bonkers on this board over a loss to Georgia... we are just wildly over-matched in this one and everyone knows it. And... whatever negativity that can be said, for the most part, has already been said.