Rating our 2013 verbal commits

While it is impossible to rate players who occupy different positions against each other, this is my list of who will make the most impact the soonest. Only one player is likely to get much playing time this next year. The rest will probably redshirt depending on injuries or defections to current players.

1. Randy Gregory DE Juco.

Rated as one of the top juco De's in the country. If his broken leg heals he could be a force on next years defense.

2. Adam Taylor RB.

If injuries occur at this position he could be on the 3 deep next year.

3. Gabe Miller (Long snapper) These guys usually go nameless unless the snap is bad. He should start next year for punts and place kicks.

4. Josh Banderas, Marcus Newby, Courtney Love LB. Likely redshirt but could see the field if last years crop of Lb's don't pan out.

This next group is rated by what I see as future potential to the team.

5. Johnny Stanton QB.

6. Marcus McWilson S

7. AJ Natter DE

8. Zach Hannon and Dan Samuelson OL

9. Nathan Gerry S

10. Kevin Gladney WR

11. Greg Hart TE

12. Antoine Miles DL or DE

Jonathan Cook is a current commit who seems to want to stay in the SEC if the offer comes. I don't look for him to be a Husker much longer.

While it is impossible to rate players who occupy different positions against each other, this is my list of who will make the most impact the soonest. Only one player is likely to get much playing time this next year. The rest will probably redshirt depending on injuries or defections to current players.

Rated as one of the top juco De's in the country. If his broken leg heals he could be a force on next years defense.

2. Adam Taylor RB.

3. Gabe Miller (Long snapper) These guys usually go nameless unless the snap is bad. He should start next year for punts and place kicks.

4. Josh Banderas, Marcus Newby, Courtney Love LB. Likely redshirt but could see the field if last years crop of Lb's don't pan out.

5. Johnny Stanton QB.

6. Marcus McWilson S

7. AJ Natter DE

9. Nathan Gerry S

10. Kevin Gladney WR

11. Greg Hart TE

Jonathan Cook is a current commit who seems to want to stay in the SEC if the offer comes. I don't look for him to be a Husker much longer.

Not trying to be a DB but this is one of the worse lists ever.... who changes the criteria in which one uses to populate a list halfway through putting the list together? I think you need to make two lists.

2. Adam Taylor RB.

5. Johnny Stanton QB.

6. Marcus McWilson S

7. AJ Natter DE

9. Nathan Gerry S

10. Kevin Gladney WR

11. Greg Hart TE

Not trying to be a DB but this is one of the worse lists ever.... who changes the criteria in which one uses to populate a list halfway through putting the list together? I think you need to make two lists.

:facepalm: ^^^^ If you understand what he's trying to do then why bust balls over him tweaking it a little. He did explain what separated the two. You say your not trying to be a DB but I smell fermunda cheese!

I would hope that Samuelson and Hannon would be a higher priority and possible early contributors. Especially the way we like to rotate O linemen.

2. Adam Taylor RB.

5. Johnny Stanton QB.

6. Marcus McWilson S

7. AJ Natter DE

9. Nathan Gerry S

10. Kevin Gladney WR

11. Greg Hart TE

:facepalm: ^^^^ If you understand what he's trying to do then why bust balls over him tweaking it a little. He did explain what separated the two. You say your not trying to be a DB but I smell fermunda cheese!

I would hope that Samuelson and Hannon would be a higher priority and possible early contributors. Especially the way we like to rotate O linemen.

You understand the list? What do you mean when you say the 2 lineman should be higher priorities?

2. Adam Taylor RB.

5. Johnny Stanton QB.

6. Marcus McWilson S

7. AJ Natter DE

9. Nathan Gerry S

10. Kevin Gladney WR

11. Greg Hart TE

You understand the list? What do you mean when you say the 2 lineman should be higher priorities?

im hoping the two OL recruits are capable of playing right away. Making them a higher impact than #8

I didn't intend for this to be a cut and dried list where only my opinion counts. Anyone is welcome to make their own and tell me where they think I am wrong. The easiest way would have been to use recruiting ratings and leave my opinion out of it. My only intention was to rate the kids depending on how soon I see them getting playing time. Randy Gregory seems the most logical choice for #1.

#'s 5-12 probably need a year to get stronger and learn the system before seeing the field. To me this points out the need to recruit several juco's to fill out the team for the next few years till the young guys are ready.

Last evening's commit of David Kneval shakes up the rankings a bit. I'm not sure of his competition level where he played in Canada, so it's possible he redshirts to learn the system and hit the weights. He should get significant playing time by his 2nd year.

2. Adam Taylor RB.

3. David Kneval OT

4. Gabe Miller (Long snapper) These guys usually go nameless unless the snap is bad. He should start next year for punts and place kicks.

5. Josh Banderas, Marcus Newby, Courtney Love LB. Likely redshirt but could see the field if last years crop of Lb's don't pan out.

6. Johnny Stanton QB.

7. Marcus McWilson S

8. AJ Natter DE

9. Zach Hannon and Dan Samuelson OL

10. Nathan Gerry S

11. Kevin Gladney WR

12. Greg Hart TE

13. Antoine Miles DL or DE

my stab at it...

1. Miller - at the top of the list because should be start at long snapper from day 1

2. Banderas - looks ready to play now

3. Hart - I expect him to play next year

4. McWilson - same but needs to learn the defense first (as do all of these guys)

5. Gregory - love his speed off the edge but needs to add weight...should play early

6. Gerry - has the size and drive to see the field early...probably at special teams though

7. Stanton - hard worker the knows the position and how to win...redshirt because of Taylor and Armstrong

8. A. Taylor - if he can block he could get on the field...bet he redshirts though

9. Natter - size seems to be there now

10. M. Newby - farther along than Love

11. Love - true MLB and could see the field early...maybe eariler than he should

12. Gladney - won't play right away but could

13. Samuelson - farther along than Knevel but will still redshirt

14. Knevel - awesome size but very raw....will redshirt

15. Hannon - sounds like he added a lot of weight and is working it off now....redshirt for sure

16. DJ Singleton - sat out a year. Will probably play on specials teams but will be a while before we see him on D. Need to figure out of he'll play S or LB first.

If we sign a solid DT, can we all agree he should be towards the top of this list?

I complained about O-line, and we went out and got Knevel. So here I am to complain about defensive tackle. We need one. Or two.

If complaining will get us a couple good DT's then I'll be first in line! Get 3 while we are at it.

not complaining. Losing ace recruiting GAs will do the trick.

A new commit this weekend and reassessment of a couple players makes this update necessary.

2. Gabe Miller - Should be the starting long snapper next year.

3. Adam Taylor RB.

4. DJ Singleton - New commit this weekend. Will be here in the spring. Depending how fast he acquires the system, could be a nickel back very soon. Has size and speed.

5. Josh Banderas, Marcus Newby, Courtney Love LB. Love will be here in the spring (unless he decommits) and will have a jump on the other two.

The next group will in all probability redshirt. Unlikely to see the field for a few years.

6. Johnny Stanton QB.

7. Marcus McWilson S

8. AJ Natter DE

9. David Kneval, Zach Hannon and Dan Samuelson OL

10. Nathan Gerry S

11. Kevin Gladney WR

12. Greg Hart TE

13. Antoine Miles DL or DE