Syria

There were probably more people killed than they've reported. The fact that this went away quietly like a bad fart in a car, is a bit baffling to me. It's as if the story just ran out of juice, people stopped caring, and something came along to create new moral outrage.

The only solution to the leadership problem in Syria is a well placed shot, from preferably a .338 Lapua....

• Fire 1

I wonder how this is going to work when on one hand, we are asking the Syrian government to basically turn over some of its most devastating weapons but then turn around and covertly arm the rebels with more high power weapons.

Has a little bit of an 80's Afganistan feel to it...

• Fire 1

I'm sure there is plenty of moral outrage over this. Quite frankly, it disgusts me that human beings do these things to other human beings.

However, I have absolutely no desire to get American service men and women involved in this and in the middle of political crap both in their country and ours.

You have to give Obama credit if Syria abandons their chemical weapon program. Obama carried a big stick and looked crazy enough to use it.

If Syria does a 180 and abandons chemical weapons completely...that's huge.

I would agree. If we can get out of this simply by talking big, that is a win for the US and well done by Obama.

If Assad gives up his chemical weapons and quits using him on civilians and children, then I will give Obama credit for threatening the use of force.

Well done, President Obama.

I'm sure there is plenty of moral outrage over this. Quite frankly, it disgusts me that human beings do these things to other human beings.

However, I have absolutely no desire to get American service men and women involved in this and in the middle of political crap both in their country and ours.

Yep.

Since 2011, the 100k dead and 2million refugees probably don't have such a glowing appraisal of our foreign policy.

I don't understand this statement. What is America supposed to be doing here that we aren't? What would a good president do? How, exactly, would they prevent the deaths and/or refugees you're talking about here?