Windows 7 Ultimate Help

I had my computer totally whipped out about three months ago. I had windows 7 ultimate installed on it. A day or so ago I got a message stating that my version of windows isn't genuine 7601. I think it is a virus because a message shows up saying my system is infected, but when I run my anti virus nothing comes up. I tried a system restore to about a week ago and it showed up again. I started another one for a month ago and went to bed. if this doesn't work Any recommendations?

Thanks

I can get you around this quite easy, but it's not exactly legal. PM if you want it.

I think that there is a difference between illegal and not supported by Microsoft. He could have the problem of having originally purchased an upgrade version of windows 7, ie upgrading from XP to Win7. Windows wants you to install xp then upgrade to Win7 which is stupid. He can get the "genuine" error if he did a fresh install. That's why I don't think it's illegal but I could be wrong. In that case the "unsupported" fix is just changing that value in his registry, no?

Did your desktop go all black with that message on the bottom or something? \

That sounds like malware to me the way you described it. Typically you will get a message about something with Windows on activation. And it will tell you to contact Microsoft, and even supply a phone number. I had to do that once after a reinstall with some hardware changes. Antivirus programs may not catch those types of malware either. Use a sweeper program like Malwarebytes or Spybot. Cnet.com is a safe spot to download them from.

I can get you around this quite easy, but it's not exactly legal. PM if you want it.

I think that there is a difference between illegal and not supported by Microsoft. He could have the problem of having originally purchased an upgrade version of windows 7, ie upgrading from XP to Win7. Windows wants you to install xp then upgrade to Win7 which is stupid. He can get the "genuine" error if he did a fresh install. That's why I don't think it's illegal but I could be wrong. In that case the "unsupported" fix is just changing that value in his registry, no?

Did your desktop go all black with that message on the bottom or something? \

Correct my background went black with that message on the bottom.