OSHA

Lol.....fire him for what?

If i fired someone every time OSHA enforced a stupid rule i would be replacing a safety manager every time they walked in the door.

Just because it's a lengthy process doesn't mean stupid rules don't exist.

As pointed out many times in this thread, OSHA has some ulterior motives many times. Unfortunately, industry is stuck trying to work with them.

Come on BRB, a college course says that's what you need to do, better do it. Quit using practical every day first hand experience and common sense as your guide and do what is suggested by some professor who wrote a textbook.

You're right. I guess this professors 40+ years in the safety industry for a large power producing company who now owns a consulting firm (and teaches part time), doesn't mean sh#t.

I really don't give a sh#t. I'm not the one who has to pay fine. Do what you want.

The fact that it's a lengthy process is the problem. Just like EVERYTHING else involving governent decisions, they over think things. We dont need a drawn process. Just use frickin common sense. It's not gonna be a perfect world regardless.

Basically the gov't has 4th and inches. Theyre thinking "maybe we should run an iso, but what if they defend for that, maybe we should run a PA bootleg, but if they have that covered, will the qb be able to run for it if they dont bite on the fake? Does our RB have to speed to get the corner on a sweep?".

Just do a qb sneak and get the damn first down. Dun.

If my 20 plus years working for the gov't has taught me anything, is the entire thing is a game. Play by their rules and you'll be fine.

Of course you'll be fine if you play by their rules. Problem is many of their rules are illogical and kill job creation. I say skirt the stupid rules and get something accomplished. But of course I haven't worked for the government for twenty years so I probably have the wrong attitude.

• Fire 1

If my 20 plus years working for the gov't has taught me anything, is the entire thing is a game. Play by their rules and you'll be fine.

So first you say the rules are there for a reason, then you say it's all a game. What the hell? You seem to be about as consistent as the OSHA inspectors. :o

Of course you'll be fine if you play by their rules. Problem is many of their rules are illogical and kill job creation. I say skirt the stupid rules and get something accomplished. But of course I haven't worked for the government for twenty years so I probably have the wrong attitude.

It's also kind of hard to play by their rules when they change from person to person depending on what kind of mood they are in from and industry to industry even though they may use the exact same equipment. I was thinking more about the air nozzle thing and how every mechanic in the country probably has one as well, uses it frequently and are all most likely over the 30 psi standard, yet some inspector comes in to one factory and tells them they can't use it while every else can.

You're right. I guess this professors 40+ years in the safety industry for a large power producing company who now owns a consulting firm (and teaches part time), doesn't mean sh#t.

I really don't give a sh#t. I'm not the one who has to pay fine. Do what you want.

Pretty much the whole point of the thread right there. It doesn't.

Those two quotes right there pretty much sums up the entire problem. Play their "game". Play by "their rules".....bla bla bla...and you will be just fine.

Problem is, their rules are stupid and don't make sense in the real world. Once you get out of college, are start working in the real world you will realize that not everything is nice and cut and dry like college professors make it out to be.

I was actually having a beer Friday night with a friend of mine who has a safety consulting service. I was going over this with him and he completely agreed that it is the dumbest thing in the world and the only way around it is to find a way to skirt the rules.