Erstad's Grand Plan

Something Erstad HAD to do if he wanted to make this team competitive on a national stage. There are definitely a lot of coaches who would not have taken the leap and scheduled teams like this, but it's great for the players, it's great for the fans, it's great for the program. It's something that will make us a lot better and help us run through the Big Ten in the future.

Only "if" the returns are improved recruiting as well as improved national image. The programs fan base merit regional consideration as a B1G champion but we will need to be a top 16 team to be considered for a super regional and that means we had better start seeing some pitching intimidation coming from the mound. I like Silva's game calling but I'd like to see a closer develop that is at least considered intimidating if not feared.

Something Erstad HAD to do if he wanted to make this team competitive on a national stage. There are definitely a lot of coaches who would not have taken the leap and scheduled teams like this, but it's great for the players, it's great for the fans, it's great for the program. It's something that will make us a lot better and help us run through the Big Ten in the future.

Agreed. Though with the southern expansion going on, the recruiting restrictions on B1G baseball may change soon enough. Something tells me the ACC schools that play baseball won't be down with those restrictions, and they'll be gone soon after the ACC schools join up.

Living in Minnesota, I am just happy I will get to see them play some games this year again. They were in the Dairy Queen Classic at the Metrodome last year and Kyle Kubat threw a ball to my 5 yr old son and then signed it after the game.

My son also got his picture taken with Will Bolt, Pat Kelly, and a few others.

May get to see them in the B1G tournament as well.

May get to see them in the B1G tournament as well.

Not "may" but "will"... The skers might not win the B1G but I highly doubt the 2013 season will produce less success then did last years 2012 team. Let's hope you get to witness them "winning" the B1G this year, yes? :)

I didn't mean to say that they wouldn't make it. I meant that I am not sure if i will make the game or games. I think it is going to be a strong year for them. I think college football could learn a thing or 2 about scheduling from Erstad so we don't alway have to see D2 games.