Few answers, troubling questions

That would make sense, but I'm still curious as to when we first consulted these guys. Maybe it doesn't matter, but it would give me a little more peace if we consulted with them after this crop of players.

first I heard of it was last offseason - so definitely before Heard and these other guys. But I find it hard to believe we wouldn't have still taken Heard. The kid worked his a$$ for a year to get here, took the ACT what seemed like a dozen times to avoid going the JUCO route and get a full 4 years at NU. Now all of a sudden he's gone. There's more to this than we are hearing...just a hunch. The staff hung with him through all that - and at the same time he did everything that was asked of him to get here and play. Something deeper we dn't know about.

Im about 99% sure it was last offseason, and, if I am remembering correctly, it was even after signing day that they hooked up with these consultants, hence the 2012 class was not even involved.

IIRC, i the Heard thread, it was mentioned about programs starting to use 2 backs to limit the beatings as the average NFL RB career is less than 3 years. Guys from dual RB's seem to go higher as they are not beat down as much. I have said numerous times, look at Bama, UGA, Wisky etc..... There is no excuse to have our premier guy (starter) getting over 85% (guess) of the snaps when your back up (Heard) was averaging like 7.0 yrds per carry. That is flat out stupid and incompetence.

• Fire 2

Aaron Green (behind Burkhead, Abdullah, probably equal with Heard) = 3.5 on the depth chart

I think that is a misunderstanding. Heard was practicing at CB during the limited offseason that Green and Ameer was going into. It was only after Green announced transferring to TCU, did the prospect of moving Heard back to IB was being heavily discussed.

Where was Heard? When I asked Ron Brown about Heard not getting more carries last fall, Brown seemed irked at the question, saying if a back like Abdullah is performing well, you don't take him off the field. He wondered if Mike Rozier or Ahman Green should have been replaced so the backup could get reps.

This was the quote that stuck out the most to me. The running back position is fundamentally strong. We either find hidden gems like Ameer or more recently get some of the top-tier backs in the country. When they get here they seem to improve season to season. But then when game time rolls around, you get a coach that's irked when asked why his exhausted star isn't being spelled by someone who looks just about as dynamic. That strikes me as a problem even if this Heard situation never came up in the first place.

I like that we get a chance to talk Braylon off the ledge. I think that talk should start with Brown sharing his new philosophy of spreading the wealth. And he'd damn well better have a new philosophy of spreading the wealth, because we just landed two incredible young talents, at least one of whom needs to see the field almost as fast as Braylon.

Spread the wealth should be this coaching staffs new motto. To me it's the most important thing this staff has been failing at. Develop the talent, and get that talent on the field. And do it now! Tired ofmhearingmabout how excited they are about the young up and comers. Of as Bo says " they are on the come". That always strikes me as awkward, but whatever. Put up or shut up. Time to see it.

Also, my last comment about Heard, it obviously bothers me that we lost him and of all that has been said none of it makes sense, none of it gives us a real answer as to why he left. But I'll say this. This situation was not your standard "attrition". Yes attrition happens everywhere including here. Aaron Green was probably a case of a guy seeing the writing on the wall. He was not better than AA or Heard. So he left. In Braylon's case, you take into account the work he did to even be a Husker, then the 2 position changes he accepted for this team and staff, you can't tell me the guy didn't do absolutlely everything to show he wanted to be here. This is not attrition. This is a guy that didn't get a fair shake.

That's my belief. Don't hate me for it. We can agree to disagree if we do. Its just my opinion. On the upside, Adam Taylor looks like he is going to come in and make me forget my worries about all of this. This recruiting class is looking good. But as I said, Get Them On The DAMN FIELD!!!!

• Fire 1

If I hear this correctly on 1620 am this afternoon:

Accoring to a College Football Statistical Service Company rep:

50% of AQ RBs were no longer with the team they signed up to play on 2 years later

36% of all players were not with the team 2 years later

According to him, NU's drop rate was really low

Like many I thought maybe it was an issue, until given a frame of reference

If I hear this correctly on 1620 am this afternoon:

Accoring to a College Football Statistical Service Compan rep:

50% of AQ RBs were no longer with the team they signed up to play on 2 years later

36% of all players were not with the team 2 years later

According to him, NU's drop rate was really low

Well isn't that just pumped full of shineshine! This is a sign of cracks in the foundation of this program and proves Bo and his buddies can't do anything :sarcasm