2015 In-State Prospects

Laugh all you want at niles paul, but he was an all-league player that made a lot of big plays for us and now collects nfl pay checks.

As a TE - where he should have played while he was at Nebraska. He wouldn't have hardly seen the field as a WR with the talent we have currently. His career at NU was a product of the situation and not of his own making.

Paul would play plenty. He is faster than enunwa and equal or better at blocking. He rightfully gets crap for his mistakes at NU, but people too easily overlook his many big plays. I can't even take your last statement seriously. To say that any player that puts in the time these kids do didn't earn their success is just too ridiculous.

Laugh all you want at niles paul, but he was an all-league player that made a lot of big plays for us and now collects nfl pay checks.

As a TE - where he should have played while he was at Nebraska. He wouldn't have hardly seen the field as a WR with the talent we have currently. His career at NU was a product of the situation and not of his own making.

Paul would play plenty. He is faster than enunwa and equal or better at blocking. He rightfully gets crap for his mistakes at NU, but people too easily overlook his many big plays. I can't even take your last statement seriously. To say that any player that puts in the time these kids do didn't earn their success is just too ridiculous.

No more ridiculous than saying such and such recruit can either go to Nebraska and play right away, or ride the bench at Alabama or whatever other school that steals said recruit from us. Doesn't mean that recruit would be putting any more time in if he was in a Husker uniform - it just means that the situation is better suited for him to get time here. Or in other cases there. Abdullah probably wouldn't have have seen the field yet if he had committed late to Alabama. He put himself in a good situation - just like Niles Paul happened to. It wasn't that Paul was an extreme talent, or didn't earn his "success"...he just happened to get in at the right time considering the talent we had.

He could have been SO much better than he was though. We all know that. He had 1 TD catch his senior year - and countless drops. He would have seen his production cut in half with the current receivers. He just never would have had a chance to make this big plays you mention (or thankfully the drops). Or maybe he would have risen up to the competition, pulled his head out of his a$$ and put in the work that he needed. Maybe his ego would have stayed in check, and he'd end up showing some form of leadership with a young QB. We'll obviously never know. But as it is, his success was a product of the situation he found himself in - if he played today on the same level he played then, his production would be very different.

I'm sure we would have little use for an all league player with NFL talent. And who did he have throwing to him his senior year? A freshman with awful pocket presence and little pass blocking? That's your favorable situation that made his production for him?

I'm sure we would have little use for an all league player with NFL talent. And who did he have throwing to him his senior year? A freshman with awful pocket presence and little pass blocking? That's your favorable situation that made his production for him?

You're missing the point of the argument. Deny that he dropped balls all you want; he was awful.

Awful? Please review his list of honors and then let all of those that selected him know it was an illusion. I don't deny the kid made some major screw ups, but the coaches didn't give him second team all big 12 at receiver because they liked his haircut. He was a productive player for us, period, in an era that our offense struggled mightily.

I recognize his flaws, but the level of disrespect he's getting from the fans he won games for is hard to believe. Yes, his career was disappointing considering his talent and the mistakes, but the kid made plays and bled for NU, received multiple honors for it and now plays in the NFL. What is the standard for being good enough around here?

Awful? Please review his list of honors and then let all of those that selected him know it was an illusion. I don't deny the kid made some major screw ups, but the coaches didn't give him second team all big 12 at receiver because they liked his haircut. He was a productive player for us, period, in an era that our offense struggled mightily.

I recognize his flaws, but the level of disrespect he's getting from the fans he won games for is hard to believe. Yes, his career was disappointing considering his talent and the mistakes, but the kid made plays and bled for NU, received multiple honors for it and now plays in the NFL. What is the standard for being good enough around here?

Heisman or broke.

Niles Paul single-handidly lost the Texas game in 2010. Well, maybe not "single-handidly", but pretty damn close. Our program hasnt recovered from that loss since. As cruel as it is, I dont miss Niles one bit. That one afternoon's worth of negatives more than outweighs the entire collection of positives of his entire career.

Was he the one that let Garrett Gilbert run all over us or the one that dropped a wide open touchdown on a wheel route out of the backfield? Or maybe he's the reason Martinez got killed all day? I forget. ;)

He's the one that dropped 2 td passes as well. Like I said, being the only reason we lost is a stretch and not true. I notated that already. But he did his more-than-fair-share, and it's plenty to overshadow what few good things he did, because, all good plays he made, and all good games he had were equally-if not more-overshaded by something completely boneheaded.

Yes, him and the receivers ARE the reason Martinez got killed all day. They couldnt catch anyway. Why would Texas put emphasis on defending the pass.

Niles Paul single-handidly lost the Texas game in 2010. Well, maybe not "single-handidly", but pretty damn close. Our program hasnt recovered from that loss since. As cruel as it is, I dont miss Niles one bit. That one afternoon's worth of negatives more than outweighs the entire collection of positives of his entire career.

I'd go "no-handedly"?