Daytona 500

That wasn't the 500, but probably should have it's own thread though anyway. It's being discussed in the Danica thread. Multiple injuries among the fans and a few are critical. I think all the drivers checked out ok. Hope everyone pulls through...

Ah gotchya. I don't follow NASCAR or watch it. Just seen it on the front news of just about every major news site. Mods can delete if needed

Nationwide is actually one word :D lol it was crazy but what the media isn't reporting is the great job some of the fans did helping each other. Like in one video a guy ripped his shirt off to apply pressure to a wound of a guy sitting next to him. Sadly everybody involved in the sport of racing is at a risk. Safety is always getting better but it will probably never be safe enough especially for freak accidents like this. Knock on wood I've never had a real serious accident just some where I've had some pretty bad bruises.

They upgraded the 2 critical patients to stable, one after a lengthy surgery.

It's always painful to hear people ignorant of a sport describe it. No offense Okieland I don't mind the average Joe getting it wrong but reporters should at least have a clue. John Buccigross talking about smoke on the track from contact that is just dust from the oil dry and then he talks about brake drums flying into the stands along with the tire. :facepalm: If you don't know what your talking about then don't try to embellish it. He usually has a mocking tone when he's covering NASCAR anyways...

I know exactly what you mean ZRod. I don't mind if somebody on here or another message board goes off if they don't know but when you're reporting for a network that covers NASCAR, even though I HATE their broadcasts, you should have a clue. However the worst of them is CNN and Fox but of course the only time they talk about motorsports at all is when something really bad happens like today and give the sport a bad name.

Appeared to be a combo of drivers getting use to the cars and maybe that the new car isn't there just yet. Watching Dale Jr make the last lap pass indicated to me that passing will soon be back at the super speedways. I think NASCAR will tweak on this cars before Dega so there isn't as much follow the leader.

The media will goo their shorts because of how well Danica did. Unfortunately, Daytona doesn't tell you much. Ask Derrick Cope. I would grade the race a C+.

Appeared to be a combo of drivers getting use to the cars and maybe that the new car isn't there just yet. Watching Dale Jr make the last lap pass indicated to me that passing will soon be back at the super speedways. I think NASCAR will tweak on this cars before Dega so there isn't as much follow the leader.

The media will goo their shorts because of how well Danica did. Unfortunately, Daytona doesn't tell you much. Ask Derrick Cope. I would grade the race a C+.

Trevor Bain.

Who?

Exactly.