GT: Nebraska at Illinois - 4:15PM - BTN

After watching Illinios literally escape today by some ridiculous trick shot shooting, it's obvious we're just a consistent scorer away from being that middle of the road team. Sure Talley and Gallegos each had 20+ today, but we need it on a consistent basis. And it has to be done with everyone else legitimately involved.

After watching Illinios literally escape today by some ridiculous trick shot shooting, it's obvious we're just a consistent scorer away from being that middle of the road team. Sure Talley and Gallegos each had 20+ today, but we need it on a consistent basis. And it has to be done with everyone else legitimately involved.

That and bench depth. Also, maybe throw in a decent big man. :P

True. But I'm talking in terms of what we have now. This team as it is, if we had a CONSISTENT scorer, we'd probably have 4-5 more wins in conference than we have. We would have won this game against Illinois by 10.

Went down pretty much as figured. IF they hadn't hit 3 or 4 end-of-clock prayers.....................Well...........coulda, would, shoulda, etc.

Still, for the comparative talent each team has, Smiles kicked a little Groce butt today.............and that augers well for the future.

True. But I'm talking in terms of what we have now. This team as it is, if we had a CONSISTENT scorer, we'd probably have 4-5 more wins in conference than we have. We would have won this game against Illinois by 10.

Oh yeah, I can agree with that. That's the knock I had on this team coming into the season was that there was no player you could look towards to produce night in and night out.

We might have won a couple more games previously but I don't think you could expect much more out of Talley and Gallegos than we got today, especially not at the same time.

I think adding some point guards out of the Biggs/Hawkins/Webster group will really help next year.

Also, I think between Hawkins and Webster one of those guys will split time with Gallegos. I believe this will help Gallegos. Fuller can launch it too from the wing as well so with the addition of those 3, I think Gallegos won't have to force it up so much.

Some of our guys were dead dog tired in that game at the end and it showed.

I think adding some point guards out of the Biggs/Hawkins/Webster group will really help next year.

Also, I think between Hawkins and Webster one of those guys will split time with Gallegos. I believe this will help Gallegos. Fuller can launch it too from the wing as well so with the addition of those 3, I think Gallegos won't have to force it up so much.

Some of our guys were dead dog tired in that game at the end and it showed.

3 Guys played all 40 minutes ..............pretty much unheard of........