Soccer!!!

HSKR

Stupid move to have the game in Denver in March. I can understand having it at altitude to help prepare for Mexico City but not someplace where it can still have winter for another month. Costa Rica didn't deserve that but I give them props for giving it the effort they did.

Costa Rica to protest the game. Apparently it was only snowing on their side of the field.

If you had watched the game, you would have seen the US score their goal very early when the field conditions were still decent. Costa Rica did not have the same field conditions the rest of the game to try to respond. If CR had scored the early goal instead of the US and ended up winning, the US would be equally pissed that they didn't postpone it. My guess is the protest doesn't get overturned.

I did not watch the game but the conditions did not look very good when the US scored. Plus, Costa Rica had the same chance to score early if the conditions were better then, right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfdQf9kzH6I

Even though they sucked, the conditions were much better when the US scored compared to the rest of the game. Watching them kick the ball in the second half made it look like little kids were out there trying to kick it. So Costa Rica should have simply scored a goal in the first 16 minutes of a 90 minute game and all is well is your answer? Really?

I did not watch the game but the conditions did not look very good when the US scored. Plus, Costa Rica had the same chance to score early if the conditions were better then, right?

Even though they sucked, the conditions were much better when the US scored compared to the rest of the game. Watching them kick the ball in the second half made it look like little kids were out there trying to kick it. So Costa Rica should have simply scored a goal in the first 16 minutes of a 90 minute game and all is well is your answer? Really?

Isn't that what the US did? Were the conditions different for the two teams?

Isn't that what the US did? Were the conditions different for the two teams?

Yes, if you are playing a 16 minute game then all is good I guess. Next time they run the Daytona 500 and there is a thunderstorm after 5 laps, they should just run the rest of the race under caution if they can't dry the track out and whoever was leading after 5 laps wins the race since everyone had a chance to lead the first five laps.

The thing about soccer is once you get the lead you can pull your guys back and be much more defensive making it harder for the other team to score. That was magnified even more by the snow. This is the issue Costa Rica has with the match. The US wanted to finish and I don't blame them, they had the lead, but if the roles were reversed there is no doubt they would have been doing the same thing CR did.

Yes, if you are playing a 16 minute game then all is good I guess. Next time they run the Daytona 500 and there is a thunderstorm after 5 laps, they should just run the rest of the race under caution if they can't dry the track out and whoever was leading after 5 laps wins the race since everyone had a chance to lead the first five laps.

The thing about soccer is once you get the lead you can pull your guys back and be much more defensive making it harder for the other team to score. That was magnified even more by the snow. This is the issue Costa Rica has with the match. The US wanted to finish and I don't blame them, they had the lead, but if the roles were reversed there is no doubt they would have been doing the same thing CR did.

Actually, in NASCAR they just stop the race and whoever was ahead is declared the winner.

Appeal denied, by the way.

Actually, in NASCAR they just stop the race and whoever was ahead is declared the winner.

Appeal denied, by the way.

Actually in NASCAR they must race to at least halfway which wasn't the comparison I made.

Appeal denied, as I predicted earlier.

BTW HUGE draw for the US in Azteca last night. Currently sitting third in the table with Mexico below us, Those four points this past week were huge. If we had gotten a draw against CR and a loss against Mexico, we would have been in deep doo doo right now, Would love to see us get at least 6 points in the next three games.

Now back to watching the finish of the EPL season. :horns2