I find it funny that quite a few people who accomplished some degree of fame on tv or movies are from Nebraska and while living here may have been boring (their words not mine), it was that "boredom" that pushed their imagination to create and become known. I hope eventually Mr Quincy can come to terms with his upbringing and realize the "meat and potatos" people of the midwest aren't as bad as he thinks.

• Fire 1
I find it funny that quite a few people who accomplished some degree of fame on tv or movies are from Nebraska and while living here may have been boring (their words not mine), it was that "boredom" that pushed their imagination to create and become known. I hope eventually Mr Quincy can come to terms with his upbringing and realize the "meat and potatos" people of the midwest aren't as bad as he thinks.

I think you're exactly right. Out of boredom, my siblings and I invented a lot of different games. Although I'm not an artist I still use that creativity I developed years ago in my job. I wouldn't trade my upbringing with anyone.

My cousins live in Holdrege. To tell you what that hole is like, their parents opted to send them to school at Loomis.

Pedersons?

I've got an old friend that's doing that with her son and I think did with her daughters..They live a mile North of Holdrege but drive 7 miles West to Loomis.

I'd heard from her and a cousin that taught Math there for 30 years, retired, and now coaches there that the schools are getting much worse than when we were there...Plus you get a smaller student/teacher ratio at a smaller place usually..Maybe a better chance to play sports too.

Terms?

I really didn't sense that Ryan had bad memories of the town or the people, but was mainly trying to illustrate an "alternate normal".

Sure, Finally getting a 7-11 was a big deal and gave us something else to do while bombing 4th (the main drag), but our main objective remained finding a girl and talking her into helping you watch some corn grow in the moonlight..

The place isn't really important to most people..probably onlya little to me for nostalgia purposes? But the same comming of age story line could happen in almost any small town, and in some cases..the suburbs of most large cities.

I can think of at least a dozen former classmates that couldn't wait to leave, and some never looked back, but each time I heard it, I couldn't help but wonder if I was cherishing the moment enough while still saying, "yeah..me too".

My cousins live in Holdrege. To tell you what that hole is like, their parents opted to send them to school at Loomis.

Pedersons?

I've got an old friend that's doing that with her son and I think did with her daughters..They live a mile North of Holdrege but drive 7 miles West to Loomis.

I'd heard from her and a cousin that taught Math there for 30 years, retired, and now coaches there that the schools are getting much worse than when we were there...Plus you get a smaller student/teacher ratio at a smaller place usually..Maybe a better chance to play sports too.

No. Not the pedersons. Durable Service.