When is the Husker Pro Day?

Reed was the most under utilized piece of our offense last season. Obviously our WRs and RBs performed exceptionally and he kind of got left out of the fun. Reed definitely has the physical tools to excel in the NFL

Something to think about too is the fact that he didn't get a ton of snaps the last two years so his body should still have little wear on it

Reed was the most under utilized piece of our offense last season. Obviously our WRs and RBs performed exceptionally and he kind of got left out of the fun. Reed definitely has the physical tools to excel in the NFL

I was impressed with his bench reps, but I don't expect him to do much in the NFL.... I just never saw anything that screamed NFL when I watched him play.... Hope I'm wrong, definitely rooting for him....

Compton>Te'o.

Fact.

You're joking right?

Okay. It's not a fact. It is my opinion. Te'o had a story. He was mediocre. On a good day. Obviously I watched Compton all year. I watched Te'o a few times as well. Yes, I think Compton is a better player. Pretty easy to look better than you are if youre Te'o when you have that kind of a DLine in front of you, which Compton never had.

Again. It's my opinion.

Compton>Te'o.

Fact.

You're joking right?

Okay. It's not a fact. It is my opinion. Te'o had a story. He was mediocre. On a good day. Obviously I watched Compton all year. I watched Te'o a few times as well. Yes, I think Compton is a better player. Pretty easy to look better than you are if youre Te'o when you have that kind of a DLine in front of you, which Compton never had.

Again. It's my opinion.

Te'o should have never been a Heisman candidate, but he was more than mediocre LB, as you said yourself, that's my opinion.....

Compton>Te'o.

Fact.

You're joking right?

111 Tackles 1.5 sacks, 7 INTs

109 Tackles, 3 Sacks, 1 INT

Te'o, 4.82 40, 33" Vert,

Compton, 4.54 40, 32" Vert,

Pretty similar numbers, except Manti was behind a good defensive line, allowing him to be able to make plays, while sitting and spying QB's to pick them off. Compton didn't have that luxury and more sacks, with 2 less tackles. Also Compton is faster than Te'o. Numbers show mediocre to me.

Compton>Te'o.

Fact.

You're joking right?

Te'o, 4.82 40, 33" Vert,

Pretty similar numbers, except Manti was behind a good defensive line, allowing him to be able to make plays, while sitting and spying QB's to pick them off. Compton didn't have that luxury and more sacks, with 2 less tackles. Also Compton is faster than Te'o. Numbers show mediocre to me.

As so many on this board like to point out with Martinez, it isn't about the numbers.... Compton was a decent LB, but I'd take Te'o at LB every time....

As so many on this board like to point out with Martinez, it isn't about the numbers.... Compton was a decent LB, but I'd take Te'o at LB every time....

Martinez's numbers become irrelevant because of the QB's he is being compared to, and him being one of the only couple QB's to play 4 years (NU History). This is different, but I guess the numbers of tackles and sacks in a season is irrelevant? Weird... Jarvis Jones, by far was the best LB last year, and wasn't even mentioned to be a candidate. 14.5 sacks alone. That is not mediocre. Manti Te'o, average.

Jarvis Jones>Will Compton>Manti Te'o

The one thing I can proudly say, is Compton never got embarrassed like Te'o did in the MNC.

Compton>Te'o.

Fact.

You're joking right?

Te'o, 4.82 40, 33" Vert,

Nope. No thanks. Like has been said by two folks now, Te'o had a tremendous dline in front of him, which freed him up and totally changed the complection in which each had to play.

• Fire 1

Martinez's numbers become irrelevant because of the QB's he is being compared to, and him being one of the only couple QB's to play 4 years (NU History). This is different, but I guess the numbers of tackles and sacks in a season is irrelevant? Weird... Jarvis Jones, by far was the best LB last year, and wasn't even mentioned to be a candidate. 14.5 sacks alone. That is not mediocre. Manti Te'o, average.

The one thing I can proudly say, is Compton never got embarrassed like Te'o did in the MNC.

Ohio st. 2012, Wisconsin 2011 & 2012, Michigan 2011, Georgia 2013.... The "embarrassment " list could go on for awhile. Against UCLA this past year Compton was humiliated, along with the rest of the D.... Don't get me wrong, Compton was a nice LB, but I would take Te'o first, but not by a whole lot....

Ohio st. 2012, Wisconsin 2011 & 2012, Michigan 2011, Georgia 2013.... The "embarrassment " list could go on for awhile. Against UCLA this past year Compton was humiliated, along with the rest of the D.... Don't get me wrong, Compton was a nice LB, but I would take Te'o first, but not by a whole lot....

And if Compton had Te'o's dline in front of him all year, especially the UCLA games?

That's the thing. I base my opinion on the what-if's. I see each play and generalize an understanding of the advantages and disadvantages that each has in regards to their 10 teammates.

Lets just agree to disagree, because Compton was one of the only players on defense who was doing work and the only consistent player we had on the front 7. I also thought we were talking about this year, not previous years, because Te'o was a burn before 2012. Still would have been if the hoax never happened. If he was embarrassed in that many games, then he should not even be close to Te'o in number of tackles.

Put Compton behind ND's Dline, he would have had even better numbers.

My opinion of Te'o was also formed well before the hoax and being embarrassed physically by Bama. I was just never able to buy in to the hype around him. I've thought we were better with Compton all along.

I honestly never heard of him before the season, until the story broke about his Ghost GF and Gma dying in the same week. I never thought he was the star everyone stated, and that Bama game proved just that. His NFL combine was just a seal on my belief.

Compton got embarrassed while trying to chase down RB and QB in space. Te'o was embarrassed when plays were run right at him and he flat out couldn't make a play. Compton was usually very solid in his run stops from what I can remember.

I still do not understand the love fest for Te'o. I never really thought he was that good and now that all these combine numbers have come out it honestly really doesn't surprise me that much.